Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for Late Night Gamers II (Pathfinder)

I have a group meeting on Tuesdays at Midnight (Central Time). Due to scheduling conflicts, I have had two players drop out and I am seeking new players. It is a custom campaign setting using Pathfinder ruleset. Characters are currently first level. Our next game is this Tuesday, Sept. 4th. Anyone interested can post here or contact me directly.
Have Character Ready If Contacting Me. Core Rulebook, Advanced Player Guide, Ultimate Combat, Ultimate Magic books allowed Campaign Setting: In my campaign world, orcs and goblins are playable races (although still not liked, orcs are generally seen as thugs and goblins as thieves), elves are very rare and are seen as almost mythical, dwarves are also rare and are generally disliked by humans (due to the dwarves refusal to help during an earlier war), half-elves are no more or less common but because of the elves disappearing are generally "true" half-elves (in that both parents are half-elves not one human one elf), gnomes are inventors and are responsible for most of the advanced technology (think tinker gnomes from Dragonlance just less comical), halflings are as varied as humans both in ability and appearence, half-orcs are half-orcs. Try to have some sort of background for your character. It doesn't have to be incredibly detailed (although the more the better) but you should be able to answer: What did the character do?, What is the character doing now?, What does the character want to do eventually?. The land is in a dark ages of sorts. Massive wars and catastrophic natural disasters have ravaged the land. National governments have collapsed. All that remains are some small city-states and independent communities. Most major cities are now abandoned ruins although some are starting to be repopulated by some less than reputable types. The elves have retreated, blaming the humans for what has befallen the land. Dwarves holed themselves up in the mountains, fighting the giants for land and pride. Orcs and goblins have been forced out of the mountains and into the hills and surrounding plains bringing them closer to humans with mixed results at best. Religion varies from town to town, both in how much the locals worship and what gods they worship. Rangers and druid are more common as most people now live in a rural community. For arcane knowledge, wizards are almost unheard of and finding a teacher or a student can be very difficult. Sorcerers are actually fairly common as several nations discovered breeding programs were easier to manage than universities, for their war efforts. With the loss of the major cities most of the history has been lost as well. For the most part, only the longer lived races have an sort of ancient knowledge. Bards are highly respected for both gathering and spreading information from town to town.
I am interested in a late night campaign, I've only played 2e and 4e , but would be willing to learn pathfinder, my schedule is never the same , but generally I am available that time of night everyday. Pst here.
What is the point buy Limit and will Aasimar Race be Allowed for Druid Class and What Deities are okay And Starting hp?
What is the point buy Limit and will Aasimar Race be Allowed for Druid Class and What Deities are okay And Starting hp? Starting HP is always max. He listed like 8 races you could play, aasimar wasn't one of them. This is run in pathfinder so assume pathfinder deities. Fifteen point buy is standard and unless specified otherwise should be assumed. Also, Aasimar as a race are overpowered.
That was a little bit curt, needlessly.
For ability scores you can use 20 pt buy or roll 4d6 drop lowest for ability scores. Religion is fluid in this campaign setting. Pathfinder deities are most common but other pantheons exist. If you have a favored deity that is fine. I would prefer if you stayed within the races listed but if you have an interesting background for your character, I can be persuaded.
If there is still room I would be interested in joining. I have experience with Pathfinder/Pathfinder Society and a little 3.5, but I may need help making a character. I was thinking female human sorcerer or cleric. However, if the party is in need of something meaty I wouldn't mind playing a fighter or barbarian. Also, this may be a silly question, but when you say Tuesday at Midnight do you mean midnight between mon-tues or tues-wed?
Midnight between Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm looking for up to 3 players and I have not had anybody contact me with a character as of yet. (Still hopeful though)
I will actually not be able to make the last session, sorry.
:( Sounds like this is kind of dying off. Sadness
maybe a slightly earlier time?
No Felix is one of the players I knew I was losing. If you're still interested, GammaGoblinz, then we have three players. I've had two people contact me from this discussion so far. I prefer groups of 4-6 players but if I get enough responses I may allow for a larger group in case some players don't work out.
Well.. unfortunately I have a decent option for earlier on thursdays, like starting at 11pm EST. and 2 extra hours of sleep is quite alluring, I appreciate your help with learning the pathfinder character creation system. Good luck to you man.
I think I may run a 4e campaign.
Well, with Gamma out that makes 4 open slots for the game this Tuesday Sept 4th at Midnight Central time.
I'm definitely in just gotta make character
Hope that link helped you out Jeremy. I know there are videos on YouTube as well that cover character creation.
How Long will the session run?
I think they have run between 1-3 hours depending on people's schedule and good stopping points.
Got my character more of less finished, just gotta do back story , Half-Orc Barbarian
Well I am looking for a late night game to join actually. I have the most of my experience in 3.5e. I have just been starting out with pathfinder. If you still have a spot open I can quickly get a character out to you after some brainstorming on back story and such. Also, is your DM style more RP orientated or more combat focused?
Would love to have you join us Peter. As far as my style goes I tend to follow my players lead on what they like. I have been gaming for about 15 years now and I've learned to be fairly adaptable.
ill be sending over my character sheet early tomorrow as soon as i get it finalized
Hey I'm interested in joining. I know Pathfinder pretty well so I can roll up a character pretty quickly and send it to you, but I'd like to know if we need any sort of class, or if you worry about running your games with a balanced party.
Hey Cory, feel free to make any class you would enjoy playing. If you would like to know who is in the party, there is currently a human monk and an orc rogue. From this forum, people have mentioned a human sorcerer and a half-orc barbarian but I have not yet received any character sheets.
Anyone wanting to game tonight PM me your character sheet (PDF or link or whatever you have) before Midnight Central time. I will send a link to everyone who sends me a character!
I sent a sheet kinda' last minute. ^^; Hope you don't mind.
Not at all. I sent you a link.
great game, cant wait till next week
Likewise you guys are excellent
Really enjoyed the amount of RP we managed to get in, despite having a near wipe. Next time someone decides to leave the divine protection of the building we're staying in, you're on you're own! Bahahaha
It was a learning experience, I was expecting go down in a single hit zombies, not vicious ghouls
Are you still looking for players? I've been DMing Pathfinder for the last 2 years so I know the game pretty well. Just let me know what characters are in the party so i can make something dif. and I would be more than happy to join you all.