Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Win Custom Tokens ...if you dare

PaulOoshun
Marketplace Creator
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; Intrepid adventurers in forgotten ruins of cyclopean grandeur whose non-Euclidean geometries speak of demoniac, inhuman architects came across this fragment of parchment above. Can you overcome the nameless icy terror which grips the hearts of those who have glimpsed such blasphemous sigils in the dread Necronomicon, and decipher the blood-spattered message on the last line? In order to do so, you'll need the first half of this ...insidious document ...which the enterprising occult investigator may discover by following the Roll20 twitter feed @roll20app There they will also give to those seekers of truth brave enough to tackle this challenge, the first key to that damnable cipher. What awaits those unfortunate souls who seek to uncover the truth of this puzzle? Translate the last passage in the image and send it to paulooshun at gmail dot com for a chance to win five custom tokens. The first successful entrant among you will win the prize, but two runners up shall be selected by the dread whims of computer generated fate, and will receive three custom tokens each. The author of this post shall, upon completion of the competition, contact winners to ask for the details of what terrible visages they would like to have drawn for them. Good luck, and may you cling to your sanity... Sincerely, Paul Ooshun Check out these samples for your unnatural inspiration! <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/609/unna" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/609/unna</a>... and&nbsp; <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/610/not-" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/610/not-</a>...
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Strike: "If anyone needs a noble ranger to guide them on this quest just let me know."
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
So, having flipped through these packs completely now.... I got to say: Amazing work! And once again fitting and clever token naming!&nbsp; "Antiquarian" "Speakeasy Joe" "Plucky Dame"
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Nice!!!!!
Melanie P.
Marketplace Creator
..."the dread whims of computer generated fate".... Bahahaha! Amazing promo, I love it!
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
Excellent!
Seems like multiple cipher methods and different alphabets rolled up in one. Just not producing anything meaningful out of it.
A degree sign in the second line is throwing me...
PaulOoshun
Marketplace Creator
Try tackling it one line at a time Tiaexz, I promise it is solvable!&nbsp; Great response so far, I'll keep submissions open till Sunday night if any of you are still sleuthing away!&nbsp;
Tank7563 said: A degree sign in the second line is throwing me... I do believe it's actually o in the font ... not that helps me because the link still throws back a faliure
PaulOoshun
Marketplace Creator
Tank most definitely found his way around that tricky font and joins the others who have successfully solved the cipher. Keep at it!&nbsp;
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Man, I'm going to have to get off my ass and give this a try!
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The Aaron said: Man, I'm going to have to get off my ass and give this a try! And you will then tell me right!!!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Totally, I'll send you a message.. should get there by Monday... =D

Edited 1439432219
Alan H. said: Try tackling it one line at a time Tiaexz, I promise it is solvable!&nbsp; I believe you, just missing something which is causing the confusion. I understand the concept of having to solve the other stuff before the last line, but even the clue is confusing. I am blaming it on the cross alphabet stuff too, that Ancient Hebrew 'b', the Cyrillic 'f', etc. No idea what those : or triangle-on-pogo stick is, or the unicycle. I am hoping you give clues in stages, so I don't see the answer straight away. Would like to do it partially even if I cannot do it all.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
OMG! &nbsp;Stephen and I just solved this... But we solved the bottom part before we solved the top part. &nbsp;Talk about doing things the hard way.....
PaulOoshun
Marketplace Creator
Another hint on Twitter if anyone is still struggling!&nbsp;
Gabriel P.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
This is a wonderfull idea.&nbsp; Are you going to show us all the cool custom tokens when its over?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Having heard what some of the winner's requests were, I sure hope so!! &nbsp;:) I can just picture the winner sitting back and saying "So you like puzzles, eh... " =D
So you like puzzles, eh?
PaulOoshun
Marketplace Creator
All winners notified by email, and two of Simon's done and sent already! Thanks to everyone who took part whether or not you managed to decipher it in time. &nbsp;I hope you enjoyed the puzzle :)
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Congrats!
Silvyre said: Congrats! Thankyou, though to be honest I did not expect to win, the contest had already been out for 9 hours before I even started. However, I love Cryptography and thought it would be fun. So the first step was putting the two halves together. I did not bother cleaning them up too much though. I then copied the second set of onto another piece of paper so that I had an easier time with the text. Here is the end result: I then attempted to force solve it, by looking at most commonly used symbols such as the colon, backwards L, Cursive Backwards Capital E, and Phyrexian symbol, etc. From this alone I managed to figure out the the letters E, T, A, S, and O. However it took me a half-hour to do so, being inefficient time-wise, I assigned each symbol a letter starting with the first symbol to appear. So even though I knew that the Backwards Cursive E was 'S', I assigned it the letter 'A' and continued onward until the end, I think from the sheet, the last letter I had assigned was 'S.' By looking at letters instead of Symbols I was able to figure out a couple more letters. I figured out the letters: H, N and D. Then I got a bit lazy and just popped the string of letters into a decoder and 'POOF' the rest of the code was deciphered.&nbsp; Anyways, incase Alan H doesnt post the finished products of the tokens requested, I will describe what I personally requested: Token 1: Merapi (Ratfolk Artificer with Dark Grey Fur wearing a Steampowered Battlesuit - very steampunky) Token 2 : Merapi riding Ikhis, an awakend Dire Rat (Dire Rat is armored/clothed in vines) Token 3 : Takana (an Emerald Dragonblooded Xeph Soulknife wielding an Emerald-MindBlade-Katana, wearing Emerald-MindArmor-Bodysuit) Token 4 : Mr Graves (Human Investigator - Looks like Handsome Jack, but is dressed like a steam-punk sherlock holmes. Has a gadget pistol with several different parts. Has a Bane mask which he uses to smoke opiates.) Token 5: LT "Rotcod" Notsaw (Human Warlord/Archaeologist Bard - Across his chest is a series of vials that contain antiplague, in one hand is a Syringe that he uses to inject said antiplague, in the other hand he wields a sword-cane-pistol. Floating around his head is an ioun stone with continual flame cast. The glow of the stone is a faint emerald green.)
PaulOoshun
Marketplace Creator
"Raistlin Majere as a mouse" I see the winners set me some challenges right back :) &nbsp;
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
We demand visual confirmation that awards were paid out. (If that demand works, we have further demands.)
PaulOoshun
Marketplace Creator
Confirmed! More to go of course and no mice yet but it's coming along. I'll make all of them freely available when done.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Very nice! &nbsp;Is that a rat riding a "Direrat"? lol
Vince said: Very nice! &nbsp;Is that a rat riding a "Direrat"? lol Yes, yes it is.
PaulOoshun
Marketplace Creator
"Caramon, Tasselhoff Burrfoot, and Black Robed Raistlin from the Dragonlance legends... as Mice" Done!
PaulOoshun
Marketplace Creator
Angelo, a hacker. &nbsp;Two more Shadoware style guys to follow soon.
These look awesome, looking forward to seeing the rest of the shadoware guys. You might aswell load up the soulknife token you made for me too.
This has turned out to be such a fun project&nbsp; Alan H. ! Great job. :)
PaulOoshun
Marketplace Creator
Takana and Rotcod!