Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Newbie question on dice rolling expressions

Hi Everyone, I've just subscribed to roll20 a couple of days ago, so I'm still learning how everything works. So far I've been able to find answers to my questions either in the wiki or by searching the forums, but this one eludes me. When talking about composing formulas for rolling dice, I often see "vs AC" included in the examples. However, I haven't been able to find out what that expression does. Can someone enlighten me please? I got into that because I was trying to figure out how to get an attack macro to roll damage only if the attack is successful versus the foe's AC. So you could invoke the macro with the target AC after it, and it would then roll damage if the attack succeeds. For example, #attack 22. Is it possible to do that? Thanks in advance for any help!
1373141092
Gid
Roll20 Team
I think what you're referring to is the ability when you're writing rolling formulas that you can add text afterwards  to help make the line easier to read when it's rolled in chat. For instance: /r 1d20 + 6 and /r 1d20 + 6 For Initiative is the same formula, one will just have the text "For Initiative" tacked on to the roll in chat.
I feel like such a dummy! I see how that works now, thank you for the explanation.
1373207596
Gid
Roll20 Team
You're welcome!