Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

New Approach To Map Making With API (Demo Of "Line Segment" Mapping.)

Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I know not everyone has pro-membership and even those that do may not fully leverage API. But....  Here is a quick example of a beta script (which can be found in the API forum) for map making using "line segment" approach. Its very fast and very flexible.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
This gets more amazing every time I see it!
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The Aaron said: This gets more amazing every time I see it! Agreed, now if only the API could access image tags... a vote  HERE could ease the pain of so many of Stephen's script users *cue violin music and montage of users copy/pasting image URL's late into the night*  You too can make a difference...
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ziechael said: The Aaron said: This gets more amazing every time I see it! Agreed, now if only the API could access image tags... a vote  HERE could ease the pain of so many of Stephen's script users *cue violin music and montage of users copy/pasting image URL's late into the night*  You too can make a difference... Yes.  It's very labor intensive... as you can see from this picture I have to sometimes get my son to help: So it would be value added... But also value enabling. Consider secret doors. Currently the GM gets an "aura" indication to not lose track of the secret door. Example: But a lot more could be done with aura and PNG masking.... trouble is, set up is just too hard for the API user (all the URL hard coding.)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
ooooh.. secret door, that's pretty bad ass!