Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Success check math/lack of knowledge/understanding problem

One issue I have with any of the macros is the success/failure operators. Here is the situation Goal:  Compare the spell caster's level of expertise to 1d100 and see if the caster can successfully analyze an item. Attempt:  [[@{Level}*5+15>1d100]] What do I need to do to make this work? Can I make this work?

Edited 1439328943
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
Perhaps [[1d100<[[@{selected|level}*5+15]] ]] ? I don't think it likes the comparison against the compound number but if you use nested rolls, it calculates the target number first. Edit: I added the selected because I was being lazy and just testing it in chat rather than pasting it into an ability on my character sheet. :)
Maybe I'm in error, but I think there should be some {} in there as part of the count success syntax. /Roll {1d100}>[[@{Level}*5+15]] Maybe?
Thanks to both of you! [[1d100>[[@{Level}*5+15]] ]] works!
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
:)  just watch the sign for if you want to roll under your value or over.  That's what normally gets me.