Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Will not show all 3D dice with multiple nested inline rolls

I have posted about this before and it seems to still be an issue. You can check it out  here for a full explanation.  On a number of character sheets multiple nested inline brackets are needed in order to clean up the math but in doing so the 3D dice stop working. In the following example you would expect that the 2d4 and the 1d10 would not appear as they are in double nested inline brackets, which is what we want. We still want the the d20's to roll as well as the d6 and the d8. What is does though is only roll the second d20 and the d10, with the 1d8 breaking out in chat. [[1d20+1d6]] | [[1d20+[[2d4]]]] | [[1d8+[[1d10]]]] I just wanted you to be aware that it is still an issue. 
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I have what may seem a really dumb question, but...  what happens when you do: [[1d20+1d6]] | [[1d20+[[2d4]] ]] | [[1d8+[[1d10]] ]] IE, add spaces between the sets of brackets?  I'm not where I can test this, at the moment, or I'd do it myself.
GenKitty said: I have what may seem a really dumb question, but...  what happens when you do: [[1d20+1d6]] | [[1d20+[[2d4]] ]] | [[1d8+[[1d10]] ]] IE, add spaces between the sets of brackets?  I'm not where I can test this, at the moment, or I'd do it myself. It doesn't break, so that helps, but the dice still aren't rolling.  In your example it still will only roll 3D dice for the second d20 and the d8. What should be happening is both d20's the d6 and the d8 should be rolling on the table. 

Edited 1439397291
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
We'll take a look at it. Edit: The problem is currently we don't guarantee which 3D dice you'll be seeing when you roll several distinct rolls at the same time. We're grouping dice in the same roll together but not between multiple rolls returned at the same time. This might be something we change in the future to make it where it would roll all three rolls at the same time but at the moment that's just not how it works.