Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can I see the map as a specific PC?

Edited 1439484808
As a GM, is there a way (without logging in as a PC) to see the map as a specific player? It would help me place lighting a lot if I could easily see what the guy that has no special vision, low light vision, or darkvision can see, by "seeing" through their eyes. Edit: Or even if I could make a NPC token and see through its eyes, where I could set their vision to various different types, without logging in as a PC.

Edited 1439486330
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
click on the token you want to 'see as' then hit control-L , then when you want to see as GM again just click the map anywhere
Wow, thank you so much. that's exactly what I was looking for. I'm thrilled it's a feature
Thx DK Heinrich!  I was having a player complaining that he couldn't see very far.  I couldn't figure out to see what he sees while DM'ing the game.  He thought it was a bug that he couldn't see very far when it was simply the fact that he was playing as a human in a dungeon with no lights.
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
no prob!