Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Marketplace: Can no longer search for tokens?

Edited 1439661104
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It seems the site's layout update removed the ability to see all tokens based on a keyword. Instead of seeing each individual asset I now only see packs. Searching for "Blood" returns several packs, but I'd have to go through each pack and try to find an asset that I was looking for (blood splatter). There must be a way to search by individual assets.. right?
Not via the webpage-- only via in-application searches. This is, for now, working as intended.  When we built the original web Marketplace, we thought we'd have individual asset purchases, but realized due to credit card use charges that would not be possible and so the "pack" system became the norm. For the time being, we've decided that most folks in the interface are searching for individual assets and show those upfront, but in the web interface most seem to be pack-browsing so we've implemented that logic.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That does not represent my searching method as I find nearly all of my packs by searching for individual tokens. I guess you'll see how many purchasers are like me based on the sales numbers. I'll be searching in the app now. This is quite disappointing. :(
I am also disappointed with this change for the same reasons as Kryx.
If you are browsing and want to look at a set on pages past the first, it returns you to the first page. Also if you search for tokens it gives you modules...
Lorien Wright
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I hadn't really noticed this, but I guess it's because tokens are no longer in a marketplace format designed for individual sale, it's no longer possible to view individual art assets or for artists to edit their tags via their marketplace listings (since there are no more listings for individual tokens anymore).  Which leads me to wonder, does the marketplace still search via the tags on the tokens since it's only checking for complete sets? al e. said: If you are browsing and want to look at a set on pages past the first, it returns you to the first page. Also if you search for tokens it gives you modules... I wonder if that might be because the modules include tokens within them.