Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Three issues: Page size readjustment, log in persistence issues, journal characters don't persist

OK, I am loving roll 20 but here are a couple of bugs that I wanted to bring to light. Background I play with a group with 2 of our players out of town. We use one laptop hooked up to a TV as the main party computer that those present play from while the 2 distant players come in on their own. Then the current DM uses a laptop as a DM computer to run things from separate.  1) when inside of a campaign, when opening and collapsing the menus the page changes positions forcing you to scroll back to where it was. This gets irritating when on a smaller screen, like a laptop, where I close the roll20 chat window while working on the map in game. So say you are zoomed in on the map at the top right corner, if you open the chat or close it, it will fill the screen with the mat (readjusting the size) but also moves it to a different position of focus.  2) When logged in it leaves you logged in. But when visiting the site it does not direct you to your page but to the main page of the site where it suggests creating an account. Also, with hangouts, when two people try to switch from ones campaign to the other on the same computer. You have to make sure that you log out of both roll20 and Google before opening your campaign or it will add you as the GM or as a player etc despite what is correct. For example I finish my session and my fellow DM goes to take over for his using the same computer to DM from. He logs into his Roll20 and launches the hangout but it brings him in as me on Google.  3) When I create a character in the journal and set a default figure to it and then drag it out to the mat it places the right image. However, none of the information is set. I have to then go into the mini's settings set it as the character in the journal. This defeats the purpose of creating the character if I still have to go in and set the mini to that character. If i drag and drop from the journal I would like it to set that mini as the character in the journal automatically.  These are small irritants that cause headaches when trying to run a game from the computer. 
Jon R. said: 3) When I create a character in the journal and set a default figure to it and then drag it out to the mat it places the right image. However, none of the information is set. I have to then go into the mini's settings set it as the character in the journal. This defeats the purpose of creating the character if I still have to go in and set the mini to that character. If i drag and drop from the journal I would like it to set that mini as the character in the journal automatically.  After you have the mini set up the way you want it (linked to the Character and everything), you want to open up the Character (click Edit), highlight the mini on the tabletop, and under the "Default Token" box (which is under the Avatar), click "Use Selected Token". That will store that mini in its current state as the default for that Character, and the next time you drag the Character onto the tabletop from the listing in the right sidebar, it will make a new copy of that mini all ready to go.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Regarding bug #1, I have confirmed that while zoomed in opening and closing the sidebar causes the map to shift positions. Any zoom level from 110% to 150% causes this. Zoom levels from 10 to 100% do not appear to cause this. I will file a bug report.  Regarding bug #2, could you clarify what you mean? If you go to roll20.net it is the frontpage. At the top right corner you should see a sign in option if you are not signed in and your name if you are. From there you can navigate to whatever page you desire.  Regarding the hangouts bug, this sounds like your browser is doing what it is supposed to. If you do not sign out of things and you have it set to remember your name and password you will automatically be logged in each time. Could you explain how you would prefer it to operate? Perhaps we can help you set it up that way.  Regarding bug #3, riley has already covered that. If you have any further issues with it please let me know and I can help you. :) - Gauss
First off, the I understand that the browser stores your information to log you back on. The issue is that the google accounts and roll20 acounts get mixed up. You log in as your google account and join the hangout from the invitation sent and it will put you in roll20 as whoever is logged in. Example. I open a roll20 hangout and send an invite. My friend logged into his google account clicks enter on the invite and if I was logged into roll20 on his computer it brings him in as me the DM not him on his google account.  as for the log in issue. If I type roll20.net it takes me to this page when one would like it to just bring them to their page. Like the one below. Similarly, with something like facebook, if you are not logged in it will bring you to the home page of facebook with log in and create account options, but if you are already logged in it diverts you to your own facebook. 
Gauss
Forum Champion
So to clarify:  * One computer with 2 users? * User 1 is logged into Roll20 * User 2 is logged into Google When User 2 opens a hangout and goes to Roll20 it logs him in as User 1?  - Gauss
If you're not logged in to Roll20 when you load up the Google+ App, but you have previously linked your Roll20 account and your G+ account (by using the G+ App previously), then we log you in to Roll20 based on your verified G+ ID. So that's likely what's happening. If you logout on the Roll20 site, then login on the Roll20 site to whatever account you want to use, before you launch the G+ app, you won't have to worry about this.