Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Idea: camera auto-center on next token in turn order

I dont know if its possible or even feasable with dynamic lightning (have never played with that) but - I watch a lot of streams and youtube of peaople playing on roll20. Sometimes its hard for the DM of these gamyes / streams to do all the work (dm'ing, camera adjustments, following players etc.). I guess it would be really helpful for these kinds of people, if there would be an option to activate automatic camera centering when the turn order switches to a player token. Pinpoints: when turn order switches to a player, the map centers on the players token when the player-token moves, the centering of the map moves with him Player token only, to not screw up the work of the DM best regards, a happy roll20 watcher

Edited 1440326979
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This sounds like a job for the API (a Pro-level feature), rather than something for the system-agnostic VTT as a whole. The API is capable of centering the screen at a point, although I recall hearing that that feature had a bug a while back and I don't know if it's been fixed (I haven't tested it myself). The API can also react to the turn order advancing. That said, if you want to suggest this as a feature for the VTT rather than delegating to the API script writers, you ought to post in the  Suggestions & Ideas forum. Creating a new thread in the Suggestions & Ideas forum requires using a vote. You get 1 vote per year since creating your account, 5 votes for being a Plus subscriber, and 10 votes for being a Pro subscriber. If there is an existing suggestion close to what you're looking for, you can reply to that thread without using any votes. It would be a good idea to search through the forum to see if there's something similar to throw your support behind, even if you can't give the suggestion a +1.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Brian covered all the important points. (Thanks, Brian!) Suggestions for new features need to live in the Suggestions & Ideas forum, which is based on voting from the whole community. Please review our Forum Voting wiki page for more information on how voting works, and our Suggestions & Ideas Posting Guidelines for the added expectations above and beyond our standard Code of Conduct . As this is a suggestion thread outside the designated forum, the thread will be closed.