Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Code of Conduct Update: "Incendiary Language"

We've adjusted: Common Courtesy There will be no tolerance for person-based attacks, passed judgment (be it on issues ranging from gameplay to lifestyles), or incendiary language (dramatic communication with the intention of provoking a strong reaction from other users) . This does not mean that debate is disallowed -- only that it is to be constructive. However, critiquing posts is only allowed if the original poster specifically requests a critique. We've had a rash of folks attempting to circumvent the spirit of the CoC via snarky or overly blunt commentary, and this is meant to put a stop to that. Our goal is always to put less time resources into policing the forums so we have more time to work on Roll20 as a program and hopefully folks will continue to understand that and help by staying civil and focused in conversation here. Thanks!
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Isn't the normal verbiage for something like this "inflammatory language"? I don't think I've ever seen someone use the phrase "incendiary language". I mean, I know what you're trying to say, it just sounds weird.
Brian: I believe you are right, but I find I like "incendiary language" better.  References flame war, raising of tempers & temperatures, insults or 'burns', and how much I would like to set people on fire when they expend energy to be deliberately unhelpful and rude .  Personal choice, though.   I am also happy with the adjustment; because, ya know, the primary goal for everyone here is to make me happy.
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
funny to me that someone named Coal Powered would like fire/flames/heat :) well played sir, well played.
I think they are pretty interchangeable. See definition 3:&nbsp; <a href="http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/incendiary" rel="nofollow">http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/incendiary</a>
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Did Brain just call Nolan weird? (Sorry, I just had to say it, I know it was wrong, but I had to do it.)
Yes, no going into a firehouse and screaming "Movie!"