Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LF 1-2 replacement players for Jade Regent Pathfinder game(level 10), Sat 1pm EDT

I'm looking for 1 or 2 additional players for my Jade Regent campaign. This is the "asian themed" Adventure Path made by Paizo, where you help Ameiko Kajitsu claim her stolen birthright. You can (and should) download the Player's Guide here: Click Me! The campaign started last december and we're currently in Book 4 of 6, so shortly past the half-way point of the campaign. The caravan has finally arrived in Tian Xia ("Asia") and is setting out to explore an ancient, spooky forest which might hold valuable information on how to defeat the mighty Five Storms who rule the people of Minkai with an iron fist. Time: We play weekly on Saturday and start at 1 pm EDT or 7 pm CEST. ( When is this in your timezone? ) Duration: We usually play long sessions. They have no fixed endtime and we usually end it when we either get too tired or reach a good break point, but we usually play for around 7-8 hours. If you sign up you should be able to commit for this duration. We're of course taking a break or two. Emphasis : I would say that the game is maybe 45% RP (with NPCs and between PCs), 45% combat (and other "ok, let's roll dice" moments) and 10% just goofing around. Though it varies of course, some sessions will be heavy on the RP and others will see very little of it and are more a classic dungeon crawl. We will be using Roll20 as our VTT (make dice rolls, move tokens, etc) and Skype for voice chat during the session and text chat in between. If you don't have Skype you'll have to install it. You should also possess a decent understanding and ability to speak the English language. It doesn't have to be perfect, it's a second language for me too, but we need to understand what you're saying. The Party so far: The current party consists of a Human Samurai, a Kitsune Oracle of Time and an Aasimar Zen Archer Monk and they're all level 10. You would start at level 10 as well. As you can see this is one melee fighter and two ranged characters. Therefor I think it would be best to have at least one other melee character, either a hybrid like a Bard or Magus or a full blown Fighter or Barbarian. Those are just examples, you can come up with other ideas if you like! If I'm accepting a second player (and if I get good applications, I will), that might potentially be anything, so if you'd rather play something different that shouldn't keep you from applying. I'm sure an arcane caster would be welcome by the group too for example. But again, it doesn't have to be one. Character creation guidelines (not necessary for you to do this yet): - Level 10 - Gold: 62,000 (standard WBL) - 25 point buy - 2 traits (The time to really have people using Campaign traits is unfortunately over, as we're in a different part of the world now and they simply don't make sense for new characters) If you're interested in joining please leave your Skype name here in the thread or send me a PM so I can reach and interview you. (If you don't leave your Skype name, I will not contact you)
I'm interested. I'd kind of like to play a Samurai, too, because honestly the setting begs something other than "Fighter". I'm well-versed in Pathfinder, love chambara, and my favorite class is Cavalier (which is sort of Sam's base class). Failing a L5R group, I'd like to offer myself here. Half-Orc would be excellent. Since it's level 10, I'd like to focus on how awesome Iaijutsu* becomes as a standard action. * - As per the Dragon Empire Primer and Sword Saint archetype, which replaces the mount. Skype name is c.preciado2 Name is Chris Preciado
Oh, I'm also in CST US.