Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Strange Replies to LFG Forum (Clutter Posts)

Edited 1440747727
My apologies if this is the wrong topic for this. I received a bunch of strange replies on my Looking for Group forum saying "Reported" (as if to suggest reporting a user) as well as a bunch of gibberish replies to someone else's apparent request to join. Is this some sort of bug? Or should I simply block these users from creating clutter on my LFG forum? Is it even supposed to be possible for non-members of a campaign to reply to "request to join" LFG posts? Details available via private message upon request by moderator. Thank you in advance.
Gold
Forum Champion
Hi Sean, can you provide a link to your LFG listing? (Not a Join link). This will help with investigation.   Also if you don't want to post your LFG link here since it might lead to more posts, just reply back here more generally, and I will raise this thread to the attention of the Dev Team so they can reply and you could then PM directly with the Developer. You can safely click "Delete" (as GM) on each of those unwanted posts. The GM and the Devs will still be able to see the posts but they will be hidden from others.  Don't click delete on the first post in the thread unless you want the whole thread to be hidden. Answering one of your questions, yes, non-members can reply to LFG threads including other peoples' request to join. Some campaigns have a singular LFG thread like "Application Thread Everyone Reply Here" so replies are allowed.
Thank you for your prompt reply and advice.  Yes I would be happy to PM the link to Dev team when ready.  Thanks again.
Hi Sean, You can private message me the link to the game when you want. I can try to look into it further from there. 

Edited 1440778873
Thank you. PM sent.  If it is nothing more than spam/clutter then my apologies for the trouble; I'll simply delete and/or block them. Please let me know if you need any more info. Thanks again.