Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Fate Accelerated Experiment - Star Wars Game

"I've got a bad feeling about this..." Fate has always screamed "Star Wars" to me. As much as I enjoy SW Saga edition, the less structured format of Fate seems appropriate for the themes and crazy action prevalent to adventuring in a galaxy far, far away. I'm running a Star Wars game this Saturday using Fate Accelerated. LFG listing can be found here and we're still looking for a few more players. Fate Accelerated is a streamlined version of Fate Core that essentially drops skills in favor of six Approaches: Clever, Careful, Flashy, Forceful, Quick, Stealthy and Sneezy. Characters are better at some than others, but again this feels cinematic and on point. Coupled with aspects and stunts, you can create anything - even a scruffy looking nerf herder. New to Fate, new to Star Wars, anyone with an imagination is welcome.
I had been following a few threads on the Hangouts Communities about a Fate Star Wars game. I have asked if anyone would run something and I think one person said yes, but there has been no date set nor any additional forward movement on it. With that being said, I would be VERY interested in this. I have the Fate Accelerated book, but not read it and am not very familiar with Fate. Well I did read some of it a number of years back, but nothing in-depth or recently. I am a big Star Wars fan though. I also enjoy trying different game mechanics/systems as well as homebrews. Please msg me a join link =)
Here is a great blog discussing some play tests with Fate Accelerated:&nbsp; <a href="http://ronblessing.blogspot.com/2013/06/play-thru-fate-accelerated-edition.html" rel="nofollow">http://ronblessing.blogspot.com/2013/06/play-thru-fate-accelerated-edition.html</a> Things like this have me very excited to try the system out and see how it replicates a Star Wars game. If you'd like to join, check out the game here .
Couple of openings for the game starting at noon est if anyone's interested.