Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

GM Time: Teaching a friend, new players an experienced both welcome!

I'm looking to host a game as soon as possible. I'd prefer to do it today and it would likely, nay, definitely be a one-shot. I'm just trying to teach a friend and would like to do so before tomorrow night. I'm just trying to impart the basics, which I believe is entirely doable. I wouldn't mind also teaching a few others. I'm not an expert on the system, but I have a good understanding and know how to locate the information I don't already understand. That said, I wouldn't mind a more experienced player to come along for the ride to help answer any questions I don't know off hand. The game will be a very simple 3.5 game. I'd like to teach my friend in combat and out of combat play, so I will try to incorporate social and combat play options. I have two campaigns already made and ready to go and might even blend the two together for one slightly longer adventure. Characters will start at level 1 Core Books only. Roll for ability score and gold in the game room, which you will be invited to upon request. If you need help making your character, I can offer some assistance. I'd like to play over Skype for communication and Roll20 for a visual aid. If you'd like to join, leave a message here on the forums. I have a huge amount of alerts built up and it would take hours to clear them (unless there is a clear all option I'm unaware of) so I won't see private messages, at least not right away.
i would like to join if you will do this game tomorrow because i have a game tonight already set up for fridays i am a mute hopefully that is not a problem i can type rather fast so it shouldn't be really and i can hear everything that is said with my headphones and already have a character idea
We're looking for a game tonight, the sooner the better.
I am interested in playing this evening.
Looking to join us, Sir Turley?
I haven't used roll20 before, but if that is okay, I am interested.
It's okay. Roll20 is very simple to learn and use. Do you have any friends you might like to invite to join? The sooner we get 4 people, the sooner we can start. We're sitting at 2 right now. You and my friend.
No, sorry. I can't start for a few more hours, when were you looking to begin?
We're hoping to start as soon as we have 3-4 people, whenever that may be.
i might be able to play tonight it depends on how many people show up for my current game i am in tonight if not enough people show up i will be able to play today
ah, then that probably isn't going to work. I am tied up for another 4 or 5 hrs.
same here at least 4 and a half hours
That's fine.  If we can get a game going earlier than that, I'll probably run it and run a second one later, depending on how long it takes to form a group.
I'd like to join, I know most of the core rules for pathfinder whitch from what I hear is mostly 3.5. But I also can't join in for another hour so around 4:20pm EST 
It'll probably take til then to get 2 more people ready to play within an hour or so, anyway. I'll drop a game invite.
OK Shawn, Im home and ready to go.  Here is my Skype BlakeW2234 other then needing to get me a bite to eat im ready to roll.
you dont care what type of character we make as long as it comes out of the core ph1 right
That's right, you can be anything from the Players Handbook.  Blake, do you have any friends that might like to play?
none that are on right now
Message sent but I suspect I'm too late.
Nope, not too late. Can you make a character quickly?
hey is it too late for me and a buddy to play tonight?
Too late to join?  You posted in my thread earlier.  What time tonight were you thinking of playing?
I can have a rogue whipped up asap. I just need to know what time you have decided on. I couldn't play until 9 pm EST
Sorry guys, we started a little while after my last post. Might be looking to make a permanent game, though. I'll figure that out later though, just a heads up if anyone is interested. I wouldn't mind playing with you again, Deveraux!