Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Control Click does not work for Mac

Hello, I am using a desktop iMac and this week I noticed I can not use the control click function for this site. I did check and all other functions on my computer work find. I also loaded the same game on a PC and did not have the issue.  What I am finding is as a GM I am not able to right click on tokens to copy form one page to another. I have have to crate new tokens when ever I need to move between pages in a campaign.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I'm not sure if this will help, but it certainly won't hurt anything.  Can you please follow Steps 1-3 of our Solving Technical Issues checklist to see if one of those components is causing the problem? If doing that fixes the issue, just let us know. Otherwise, move on to Step 4 , and we'll need all that information to further assist you.

Edited 1441733679
Gold
Forum Champion
On Mac try the keyboard button labeled "Command" not the one labeled "Control". This should do the trick. If not please post again (and try the troubleshooting steps as above from GenKitty). P.S. If you know of a Wiki Docs page or Roll20 instructions that says use "Control" and doesn't mention using Command key on a Mac, please PM me the link, or, users can edit the Wiki and add this bit of useful terminology.
Hello, Yes, I am trying both Control click and Command click. Overall I can not right click to access token functions to copy or delete.

Edited 1441753094
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
When you press the Ctrl button does it bring up a menu at all? Press the Control key. Press and hold the Control (Ctrl) key while you click the mouse button. This is identical to right-clicking with a 2-button mouse. You may release the Control key after clicking. This method works for a 1-button mouse or MacBook trackpad, or with the built-in button on the standalone Apple Trackpad. <a href="http://www.wikihow.com/Right-Click-on-a-Mac" rel="nofollow">http://www.wikihow.com/Right-Click-on-a-Mac</a> I figure we might want to start from the very beginning about what shows up when you try it. If the menu does not show up at all that is usually an indication that something is blocking it or it is not setup for the site (not a mac user so I'm just tossing some ideas out in the open). Run through the troubleshooting steps that Genkitty posted. GenKitty said: I'm not sure if this will help, but it certainly won't hurt anything.&nbsp; Can you please follow Steps 1-3 of our Solving Technical Issues checklist to see if one of those components is causing the problem? If doing that fixes the issue, just let us know. Otherwise, move on to Step 4 , and we'll need all that information to further assist you.
Hello, Yes, that is correct. &nbsp;It works on the side bar / Chat menu but not in the sand box. &nbsp;I have a PC and it works just find. &nbsp;I also tried a different Mac and had the same issue.&nbsp; I did check and all my version are up to date and I am using Google chrome.

Edited 1441765110
Gold
Forum Champion
Hi PorkChop! I just went and tested on my Mac to see. Try doing a 2-Finger Tap! &nbsp;It works for me on the sandbox / map / tabletop. Using Mac + Chrome. &nbsp;I guess it's called "Multi-touch" on Mac trackpad. Does that accomplish what's needed? P.S. I am researching whether there might be a new Bug or regression, since I am pretty sure that Command-Click used to work for bringing up this menu on my same Mac, but now only the 2-finger tap seems to access it. &nbsp;Another possibility is a change in Chrome's response, or Mac OS, I'm not sure, and will ask the Devs.
Hello, &nbsp;I have a desk top so no track pad.&nbsp; Thanks for the help. Brian
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
This appears to be an issue in Chrome with certain extensions. &nbsp;When I load the site in an incognito instance, ctrl-click works fine, loaded in my standard session, ctrl-click does not work. &nbsp;Try disabling all your extensions then ctrl-clicking. Incidentally, ctrl-click for me (with my extensions) is not working on any sites, so the issue is not limited to Roll20. I do not experience this issue in Safari.
Hello, yes I just found the issue on Google site. Yes I agree this is a chrome issue. Looks like they have a patch. thank you for the help
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Can you share the link to the page you found the solution on. This might help others that experience this issue.
You can set your mouse (assuming it's a magic mouse you have) to actually right click under the mouse settings.
Yes that worked.&nbsp; Thank you!