Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LFP - Swords & Wizardry Complete/D&D 0e - Hell's Gate - Year-long campaign seeking more

Kevin the Barbarian
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Welcome to Hell's Gate Centuries ago, the city of Hell's Gate coalesced to support the vile prison of the despotic Overlord in his flying castle and his wicked sorcerer, Olred the Mad. In the two-hundred years since the Overlord was overthrown and his floating fortress destroyed, like many of the cities under his rule, Hell's Gate became a crime-ridden near-anarchic city state, barely able to hold on to any semblance of civilization. Some of the hellish prison's inmates were set loose and many settled in Hell's Gate. Rumors of some chaotic force thriving at the bottom of that stinking pit of a prison have brought many an adventurer to Hell's Gate in search of fame and fortune. The party delved into that gathering place of Chaos, sometimes with the help of Hell's Gate's leaders - the Nine-Fingers thieves guild. Since then, the rival gang known as the Black Hood has overthrown the Nine-Fingers and sent them off to be slaves. The party has decided to put a stop to those plans.... About the campaign We're using Swords & Wizardry Complete to play the original edition of D&D, along with a few minor things from Compete Strategist/Dragon Magazine, AD&D 1st Edition, and Labyrinth Lord. We've been playing this campaign for almost a year now every Saturday but have decided to move to a bi-weekly schedule. Primary characters are now in the level 3 to 5 range, with backup characters lower than that. Our next game is September 19th. About the DM I cut my teeth in the 80's on B/X D&D and AD&D 1st Edition, followed by a string of RPGs like Fantasy Trip, Star Frontiers, homebrew systems, James Bond, Marvel Super Heroes, Indiana Jones, Rolemaster, Middle Earth Roleplaying, and TMNT/After The Bomb. After a long absence from gaming, I am now a big fan of OSR gaming, DCC RPG, D&D 5th edition and others. Besides this campaign, I'm currently running a year-long 5th edition game, a DCC RPG sci-fantasy campaign (on hiatus), and a Stars Without Number campaign. I currently play DCC RPG, AD&D 1st and 2nd edition, and FATE. I run a few different styles of games: tactical/battle map, theater of the mind, dungeon crawling, hex crawling, and sandbox play. I enjoy playing with people new to the hobby or whatever system we're playing. I prefer to not play with rules lawyers or overly disruptive and selfish people. I like to think that my GMing style is "neutral judge", which means I won't hesitate to kill your character but don't seek out doing so. I like to have encounters planned but also love when players go off the rails and surprise me - it keeps me on my toes. About You Tell me and the party here:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/19141/hells-gat" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/19141/hells-gat</a>...
Kevin the Barbarian
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
We have room for more!