Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Having an issue with Dynamic Lighting

I've been experimenting with Dynamic Lighting and I seem to running into a problem. Most seems to work fine but I want my players to be able to continue to see the places they've already explored and the option to remove line of sight seemed to be the best thing.  From my understanding, when you do not select the "Enforce Line Of Sight" option the player should be able to see any and all light sources that are active, regardless of walls and such. My problem is, when I set it up and the "Enforce Line Of Sight" option is not selected, it seems to change it so that the player can only see the light they produce.  They can't see the light from any other character or object I create.  This seems to be the complete opposite of what I am trying to do.  Am I doing something wrong?  Or is there something wrong with how it is working?  Any help would be appreciated.
Players will see from any token that has Sight that they can control. If you give them control of 'tourches' in areas they've been, they'll be able to see there. It's probably less cumbersome to not enforce line of sight, and just use Fog of War to block of areas they can't see yet.
Thank you Mark G., this was most helpful and solved the problem (after few trials and getting it wrong).  Appreciate the help.