Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Play Alphas (Apocalypse world based Homebrew)

Imagine, you're going about your business, working a dead end job maybe going to school and then one day you find you can turn invisible or change what people think. The world opens up for you. You use you're ability, on accident somewhere public, or maybe on purpose for personal gain. The next thing you know government agents show up at your door. Your recruited onto a team of alphas, humans with super abilities like yourself. You're tasked with tracking down other people with abilities. I am running a game based on the show Alphas, called Section 8. I like the set up for Alphas. I prefer original characters over using people from the show. So aside from a few familiar faces this game is an alternate universe. The players should focus on the back story and ability of their character rather than mechanics so I am leaving the system undisclosed at this point. We start next thursday and play every other week. I'd like to have the characters done before thursday so please contact me before. I hope to focus on the same mix of procedural investigation, action, humor, and interpersonal drama the show has. The rules are a scaled back version of the apocalypse world system. Character creation consists of a questionaire. The answers set up your stat bonuses. In keeping with the show I encourage players to make people mostly average joes, whose powers would be useful to investigators. I am looking for 2 heavies and 3 investigator types. Feel free to post any questions here. I want to play every other thursday at 8PM EST.
<a href="http://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/37323/section-8" rel="nofollow">http://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/37323/section-8</a>
Come and Play!