Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

I think my game is haunted

Edited 1442424022
A character recently appeared in my game, at the very bottom of the sheet's list, even below the handouts by the name of Nyx Fiachna, it was created about 2-3 weeks ago I can gather, it is level 2 even though the party level is around 6-7. I have no idea how it was created, it has no appointed player so only I could have made it, but I certainly did not, I would remember if I went into this detail. Here is the character sheet in question as well as the character image on the sheet: I... I don't even. EDIT: After posting this I just realised the level has changed to 7... Help me.

Edited 1442425562
Gold
Forum Champion
When the GM clicks to create a new blank character, it starts with a randomly generated Character Name.  The name of "Nyx Fiachna" really sounds like a possible auto-generated name for a new blank character. Also the fact the character appeared outside your folder structure, underneath handouts, again sounds like GM may have clicked "Add... New Character", and not noticed that it added that one at the bottom. The fact the level was Level 2 and now says Level 7 is the perplexing part of this.  Also the PICTURE on the Character, normally adding a new blank character does not come with a picture.  So there may still be a mystery to resolve here. (?) I haven't used that particular character sheet --- D&D 3.5? --- does anyone know if that sheet comes with some stats already filled in, and a picture? Are you Co-GM or is there a Co-GM in the campaign?

Edited 1442426081
Gold said: When the GM clicks to create a new blank character, it starts with a randomly generated Character Name.  The name of "Nyx Fiachna" really sounds like a possible auto-generated name for a new blank character. Also the fact the character appeared outside your folder structure, underneath handouts, again sounds like GM may have clicked "Add... New Character", and not noticed that it added that one at the bottom. I just added a new character sheet and it was at the top, with no stats or anything like the Nyx character. Gold said: The fact the level was Level 2 and now says Level 7 is the perplexing part of this.  Also the PICTURE on the Character, normally adding a new blank character does not come with a picture.  So there may still be a mystery to resolve here. (?) Are you Co-GM or is there a Co-GM in the campaign? The character sheet also has a token made in Token Tools set to it. I am the only GM and I have never allowed anyone else to be Co-GM. Bio&Info: I changed the show to all players after I found it.
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
Gold said: I haven't used that particular character sheet --- D&D 3.5? --- does anyone know if that sheet comes with some stats already filled in, and a picture? No, the D&D3.5 sheet does not come with random stats, titles, pictures, or anything like that filled in.  A blank sheet would have base 10's for all stats iirc and zeros or blanks for everything else. Is it possible you had the Devs or someone in to look at or fix something with the campaign at some time and that character was made to test things? 
Diana P said: Is it possible you had the Devs or someone in to look at or fix something with the campaign at some time and that character was made to test things?  I've never asked a Dev to look at the game, nor have I been contacted about anything. The Player name is "Me" so I don't know if a Dev would do that or not.
Do you live with anyone else in the same house and do you let them use your computer? Is it possible that a friend or family member used your computer found the site in your browser's history and decided to try it out?
Simon said: Do you live with anyone else in the same house and do you let them use your computer? Is it possible that a friend or family member used your computer found the site in your browser's history and decided to try it out? Incredibly low chance of this since I use my computer for time off, work and everything inbetween. If I'm not at my computer, then no one else is near it since they are either with me or out of the house. The only person who knows how to use roll20 to that extent, esepcially Tokentools, is out of the house most of the day and when they return stays in their room.

Edited 1442436483
This is most likely one of the players in campaign Importing from their Character Vault accidentally. It would import the character journal and have associated tokens and such already configured. You can check your campaign settings to see if Importing is enabled.
Mark G. said: This is most likely one of the players in campaign Importing from their Character Vault accidentally. It would import the character journal and have associated tokens and such already configured. You can check your campaign settings to see if Importing is enabled. It is allowed, but only 1 player could of done it due to their sub and they haven't responded. Could of been them, but they won't reply for me to know. Importing means they have no player assinged to them?
Yeah, even if a player imports a character... control of it does not get assigned to them. You have to ask the DM to assign control and edit privileges after being imported. Kind of a pain.
Well, I don't know anything about haunted, but the character portrait is pretty neat, so there's that.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yup, definitely sounds like a character vault import. Definitely talk to your Plus/Pro subscription player(s) about it to see who it belongs to.