Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Microphone issues - Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Fury

Hey guys, hope you guys can help. I've been playing in an amazing 5e game, but on both sessions so far, I've had a lot of issues with my sound. At first I couldn't receive or send out anything at all - I fixed this with a full browser reset after all else failed. However, my companions have complained about the loudness and background noise of the mic - it turns out that whatever option I select, it keeps using my webcam mic (which is terrible). I think I went through all the basic troubleshooting steps, but feel free to suggest anything you think might help - browser's reset now anyway.  I'm playing DnD 5e, in Chrome, using a Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Fury headset (1 cable into USB - could that be the cause?). I've used the headset on other software without issue. I hope you'll be able to help me. Thanks in advance, Velin Clitch - Elven Rogue
1442926806
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Sjoerd, sorry you are having trouble. You say you've possibly run through the standard troubleshooting but just in case here is the link to the  audio visual specific troubleshooting information. if that doesn't help then please proceed to work through the troubleshooting steps (again) to make sure before supplying the console log for the team to look at: Can you please follow Steps 1-3 of our Solving Technical Issues wiki page, taking special care to temporarily disable all browser add-ons and extensions, temporarily pause your anti-virus, and try switching browsers (for Chrome/Firefox specific issues) to see if one of those components is causing the problem. If all of that fails, please follow Step 4 , including providing all of the necessary information, so that we can further assist you.