Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Mini Update: 9/25: Schedule Next Game

Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Along with bug fixes and feature polish for the Jukebox, a tiny quality of life feature went out this morning. After you've scheduled a game that is now past, Roll20 will prompt you to schedule your next game. Roll20 is also smarter about predicting when your next game will be hopefully saving you time and a trip to your computer's calendar. The scheduler will take into account the date and time of your last game, the current date, and if your game has a LFG where you set the frequency the game will be played.  Let us know what you think about this feature or if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. Happy Rolling!

Edited 1443202467
Gold
Forum Champion
This is awesome. Any future plans or possibility to offer more frequency settings? Such as: Asynchronous (for games where the players log in to make their moves, not all at the same time).  Variable schedule (for games that discuss the next available play time, from session to session) Twice a week Twice a month Or even the scheduling powers like Google Calendar's clever small set of fields for creating repeating events. ("Repeats every ___1____ weeks or days, for ____7_____ occurrences")?
When/where is the prompt supposed to appear? Because I finished a game with a scheduled time yesterday and no prompt appeared after I exited it. Also, I'd like to second that an actual scheduler feature, so you can set the game to repeat automatically, would be greatly appreciated.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
It appears on the Game Details page an hour after your last scheduled game time.