Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Numenera] character sheet Version 4.7 (2015-09-19) bugs

When 3d dice + auto roll 3d are enabled in the Settings, and you roll using the Numenera character sheet (for example a might, speed, or int roll), the value shown on the dice does not match the value shown in the chat. If you turn off auto roll 3d dice, then it rolls 2d20, and one of them is right and one is wrong. We wound up disabling 3d dice entirely, but we're wondering if the dice rolls generated by the character sheet are accurate at all. Thank you!

Edited 1443365833
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I think this is a roll20 3d dice issue.  I cannot comment on the Numenera sheet, but on other sheets that use macros with multiple rolls simultaneously, you will not see all the 3d dice and depending on the logic/behavior of the roll template you might not even see the roll that's posted to chat.  ;-(
Multiple inline rolls built into the character sheet are what is causing this. I had couple posts in the bugs forum about the issue and the response was that it is was working as intended.   :-/
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
IMO, it kind of makes 3d dice less than desireable...  I really wish there was a way to see all the rolls and as a bonus, better API integration.  Dice play a HUGE "roll" in RPG's.

Edited 1443435536
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm the author of the sheet. I'm sorry about this problem but I was confronted to a dilemna. (Personnaly, I disabled the 3D dice long time ago in my campaigns, because it's fun for a few rolls, then it slows down the game imho ... but that's me). Since the template roll mechanic of Roll20 doesn't allow for using the same dice roll in two different calculations,I had to have 2 dice rolls in the same roll template : one when the player sets a difficulty for the action, and one when no difficulty is set. Technically, I've got no solution to, at the same time: - have only one button per stat - handle rolls with and without diffiulty - show the maximum details of the roll computing/calculate the succes or failure or calculate the beaten difficulty - and roll only one d20 The "simplest" solution would be to have 2 buttons per stat : one to roll with difficulty, and another to roll without difficulty. But I believe it would be somewhat confusing?
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
PS : to be perfectly clear, as long as new features aren't added to the template roll functions that would allow to use the same roll in 2 different calculations, this sheet will roll 2 d20 dice and use only one. So even if the "bug" that doesn't show every 3D dice of a template roll is corrected, this sheet template roll will still might be quite confusing.  Note that if one wants to check the raw dice roll, it can be seen in the tooltip when hovering the calculation in the chat.
Natha, thank you for making the sheet. I know it's easy to only hear criticisms, and we really do appreciate you taking the time to make it! I'm going to review what you wrote more carefully when I have Roll20 open and can see what you're referring to. Thanks again!

Edited 1443435815
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No problem/you're welcome/thanks for using the sheet :) Cristicism is necessary (imho) to (try to) make things better. But in this paticular case, I had to make a choice, and an annoying one, and I'm really sorry about that (I hope I don't sound too harsh when explaining the how/why of this, because english is not my mothertongue and I'm not sure how I "sound" in these posts ;) ). As soon as the dev team adds a feature that could avoid those multiple rolls per template, I'll make sure to update the sheet.