Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Folders or Tabs in the Journal Section

Kabu
KS Backer
Hey all. I don't know if this has been suggested or not, but here it goes. As a GM in a long running campaign, I have accrued vast amounts of characters that I keep within the journal for my players to look over in order to jog their memories after breaks between gaming. The thing is, the amount of characters has gotten so large, and the inability to sort them via dragging and dropping makes it a mess. Could there be a folder system or something in order to deal with this irritating dilemma? At the very least maybe dividers, with a minimizing function that the GM can control for everyone's journal. To expand upon this idea, you could also, for ease of revealing characters in groups, drag or highlight an entire folder to reveal pre-made characters when they would all meet the players at the same time. It sure is a better alternative to editing every single character to put them in the journals of the players.
You could try just having a Library page where you put all your characters and tokens, and just copy them out when needed.
I like the idea of being able to sort the journals. It's not the same as keeping tokens in a Library page -- unless I'm missing something and you can attach the journal entries to individual pages.
I totally agree with this. I noticed there is an archive function, but this essentially just works like a recycle bin. There are no organisational options other then putting something in or out of the archive. How about adding custom archives, so when my party revisits a town, I can pull out all the characters and journal entries from that town out of a custom town archive.
I want to support the suggestion of being able to sort the journal. And with time, people will want to sort and organize not only characters, but also their Jukebox's playlists, Handouts . . .
Viva la organization! I'm glad people agree with me on this subject, and I sincerely hope it gets implemented.