Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Philip Wright

Oh boy I hope he reads these forums:) Hi I love the work on the Hamlet and the Orcish Hordes any chance you are working on an elf 'horde' set eg wood elves. high elves and Drow? Some lizardmen would also be a nice addition to your token range.

Edited 1443561671
Gold
Forum Champion
If this turns out not to be the wright forum to contact him*, you can also try emailing <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> and ask them to send your request & contact info to the Marketplace Artist. Of course he might see it here after all. By the way I agree with your wood elves and lizardman requests. *pun intended
PaulOoshun
Marketplace Creator
I know Philip does read the forums, and I'm glad to see a fan speaking up, his work is awesome :) Most of the creators I know are always keen to hear ideas from people who like their stuff and want to see something more.
Thanks for the input Gold and Alan H. Yes I think there are some awesome artists out there and they all deserve praise for their work.
Badger
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Gold, that's great to know you guys do that! Do you know if there's any chance we could ever get a dedicated Marketplace Artists corner or Marketplace request forum for this stuff? It would be so great to have a spot just for and about all of the great art and interaction around it.

Edited 1443626769
Lorien Wright
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hi Andrew. I have actually invested in all the software, 3D models, etc... needed to create a set of Elves (and lizard folk, and catpeople, and demons, etc...). &nbsp;I've just been pretty skittish about committing the time to create and release a set of Elves/Half-Elves because the miniature sets have been really hit or miss in terms of popularity. That being said, I would be totally happy to add Elven Miniatures to the top of my list of projects to work on. &nbsp;I'm currently working on a Redux of Endless Terrains, and a set of large customizable sailing ships (which has been on the backburner since it was requested last year). &nbsp;I could probably put a set of Elves ahead of the ships, and maybe work on it concurrently as I do the revised Endless Terrains. My expectation would be to include Elves and Half-Elves, with light skinned, green skinned, and dark skinned variants (I think WoTC prevents the actual use of the term drow in the labeling of assets). &nbsp;Any special requests for inclusion in the set? Gold uttered a bad pun and I appeared. I'll let those scholarly wizards muddle over the mystical logistics of that summoning spell. (Extra Kudos to Aaron for proactively directing me to this thread via Monty Python gags :p )
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I'm a righter of wrongs as well as a writer of scripts and sometimes wrighter of art. =D

Edited 1443636902
Hi Phillip thank you for the reply. I am sure lots of people woukd like the elves and *cough* none drow. &nbsp;Some duel welders and spear men/women would be nice as the sets I purchased I've modded to include spear men for guards and NPC's so I really do appreciate the work you artists do. &nbsp;Special inclusions mmm Lizard riders for the dark skinned elves.
PaulOoshun
Marketplace Creator
I'm pleased to say that Drow are a mythology race and not copyright of WotC.&nbsp; The WotC Drow are however available under OGL.&nbsp; I know &nbsp;because some Drow Buddies are en route :)&nbsp;
Gold
Forum Champion
Alan H. said: I know &nbsp;because some Drow Buddies are en route :)&nbsp; Will there be Ast-drow Buddies after that? For adventures of, you know, dark elves in space.
Lorien Wright
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Well, here's an example of the kind of elves I can produce. Obviously, I'd be producing the angled top-down versions though.
wow Phillip that's nice I am drooling already
Gabriel P.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Philip puts a lie to quality over quantity by producing both!
Lorien Wright
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Another Teaser
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
LOVE the bow! Looking forward to seeing these!
I really don't know how you do it Phillip these look amazing&nbsp;
Lorien Wright
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I keep thinking I should do streams while working. &nbsp;Probably should so a video tutorial at some point.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
(As an archer, I'm bothered by the way she's supporting the tip of the arrow, but I do appreciate the French grip for the nock. &nbsp;=D )
Lorien Wright
Pro
Marketplace Creator
The Aaron said: (As an archer, I'm bothered by the way she's supporting the tip of the arrow, but I do appreciate the French grip for the nock. &nbsp;=D ) True. &nbsp;It's doubly bad for me 'cause I know the arrow should be passing on the other side of the bow when held with those hands in that stance. &nbsp;My SCA instructors would not be pleased with me. &nbsp;:p

Edited 1443974383
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Indeed! &nbsp;Yay SCA! &nbsp;(I was part of the Shire of Oakheart in Calontir during collage. =D)
Nice...
Really, really, really looking forward to this set already started saving the bottle tops to buy them:)
Lorien Wright
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Bit of a delay, because I had to buy (and build) a new computer. Just, out of curiosity, would there be any interest among folks in watching a twitch/livestream of art as it's being worked on?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Yes!
Yes
These look great! Looking forward to it.