Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Unable to edit single macro

The macro in question is Initiative but oddly it's the only one that I can't edit. I click on it in the Macro bar but nothing happens, it doesn't bring up it menu. All the other work as they should, I click on them and they bring themselves up to edit. I don't know why this is because I used to be able to at least bring up the menu for Initiative before. Windows 7 x64 Firefox 41.0
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
Which sheet template (if any) are you using and where on the page is the macro (down at the bottom in the macro bar or up on top in the token action bar)?  Is it a macro or ability you created? If it's the one on the top of the screen when you select your character's token, it may be because that token action is set up and linked to that place in the character sheet template code.  It is on the D&D3.5 character sheet template, for example. While as far as I know, none of the token actions have a right-click menu, you can open their ability code in the Attributes and Abilities tab or their macro code (from the My Settings tab above the chat pane) by shift-clicking on them.  Opening the code in that fashion does not work for the character sheet template's built in token actions due to how they are implemented.  For those you would have to open the token's character sheet and edit the macro on the character sheet itself if available/allowed by the author.  For the D&D3.5 template it is in box next to the initiative calculations on the Stats tab. Hope that helps.

Edited 1443653989
I'm using the Pathfinder sheet, sorry for not putting that in. And I don't have any abilities set up, it's all regular macros. The macros are at the bottom of the page. For clicking it's all left click, I can left click on any macro in the macros tab and it'll bring up its page but Initiative is the only one that doesn't. Shift click doesn't seem to do anything besides highlight the text I clicked on and below and bring up the macro I clicked on. All shift clicking on Initiative does is highlight the text below it. And since I can't bring up the menu for Initiative I can't delete it.
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
Hm.  When you mouse-over it, do you get the grey rectangle on the right side of it?  Does the cursor turn into the 4-way arrow when you mouse-over that grey area and can you click on that area and drag the macro up (or sideways) and off the bar?
Yes, I can use the button and move it around. The reason I wanted to edit it however was because when I use it all that comes up is 'James F. Roll Initiative!', there's no numbers or anything, just that.
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
Well, that puts it past anything I know about. The devs might want you to follow Steps 1-3 of their Solving Technical Issues checklist (confirm you're using the latest non-beta version of Firefox or Chrome, turn off all extensions, addons, and anti-virus, and clear the cache) to see if one of those components is causing the problem. If those don't fix it, move on to Step 4 . Hope it gets fixed for you.

Edited 1443678960
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Are you a player or GM in the game?  If the macro was created by the GM, you will not be able to edit the macro and it's possible that at least part of the macro is being whispered to the gm.  Can you roll initiative off the sheet?  Can you drag/drop the sheet's initiative button to the macro bar and edit that?  BTW: you can remove the macrobar item if you want by unchecking it from My Settings(right sidebar)
I'm a player and I'm pretty sure that I made all of the macros on my character. As for it being whispered to the GM the roll for initiative in the character sheet does so and works fine. I did what you mentioned before I made this topic with having the initiative from the character sheet as a macro but I wanted to know if I could fix the macro I created. I would like to know if it getting whispered to the GM could be changed but I'm not too concerned about that.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
James F. said: I'm a player and I'm pretty sure that I made all of the macros on my character. As for it being whispered to the GM the roll for initiative in the character sheet does so and works fine. I did what you mentioned before I made this topic with having the initiative from the character sheet as a macro but I wanted to know if I could fix the macro I created. I would like to know if it getting whispered to the GM could be changed but I'm not too concerned about that. Normally, the only macros that you cannot edit are the ones created by the GM that are made available to the players.  If this is the Pathfinder (tabbed) sheet, the initiative roll on the sheet is not whispered to the GM unless it's made from the NPC tab.   The default Initiative roll on the sheet is  &{template:pf_generic} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{name=Initiative}} {{check=[[ (1d20 + [[ @{init} ]][init] + [[ abs(0.01 * @{init}) ]][tie-breaker]) &{tracker} ]]}}   You can always make a new Initiative macro. /em @{selected|character_name} is rolling Initiative! &{template:pf_generic} {{character_name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{character_id=@{selected|character_id}}} {{name=Initiative}} {{check=[[ (1d20 + [[ @{selected|init} ]][init] + [[ abs(0.01 * @{selected|init}) ]][tie-breaker]) &{tracker} ]]}}