Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] Shadow of the Demon Lord - LEARN TO PLAY - Wednesday 14th 6PM - 9PM CST

Edited 1444153569
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Shadow of the Demon Lord is a newly released dark fantasy / horror / end of times / kick ass / you might die a lot game -  click here for details - that I have had the pleasure of testing since before it was even enough to call a game system. The world is dark and dead, or soon to be dead, but the system is quick and easy - and rules lite.  The basic concept of the game can be taught very quickly, and with the API doing most of the work I am hoping  that new players will be able to get into the game and not get bogged down with details (you can get those when you buy the books).  We will be playing the second half of the adventure "In Need of Killing" - a lovely tale about a corrupt and insane cult leader (Marius Clay) and the demonic tomb he has broken into. The group has found the underground tomb and just entered via a hole in the ceiling of a large domed chamber... The story has room for 5 adventurers (pre-gen level 1 characters)... is anyone brave enough to enter the Tomb of the Defiler? if so please reply here. First come first serve. If we dont get at least 4 we will re-schedule (as I plan on running this as often as I can to teach as many players as possible).  G+ SotDL Community  (official message boards) Roll20 Thread (about using Roll20 for SotDL) Thank you for your time, and I look forward to driving each and every one of you mad!  ~Dan
I'm interested, but am also completely new to 'tabletop' RPGs, so I would need a lot of help getting started. Although it looks like you have that in mind. But yeah, color me intriuged. 
Interested Dan. Let me see if I can get off work early... :-)
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
New guys is what this is designed for so Gryph and Konstatin you are good to go, I will go over the basics of how it all works during the session (I will also put out some general info here later today). Sherm - that would be awesome if you can, how much earlier would that be? if we need to bump it 30 minutes or so that is not the end of the world.  As far as books - they are all available for purchase and I think there is a starter guide that I can share for free, but I have to confirm that 1st. I will update as soon as I know. 
Awesome. Very excited 
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Looks like we have 5 players between here and the LFP/G section. I will get you some more details as we get closer. My weekend is full of hockey so it might be Monday if not later today.
Just checking Dan, am I one of the 5? I'm good either way. :-)
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
yes :)
Cool, I'll be there! I should be on time.
If another of these is scheduled, or someone drops, I'd be interested in joining up. I have the core book, looking to have some fun. :)

Edited 1444763871
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Oct 14th Players are: 1.Gryph 2.Michael H. 3.Matt J. 4.Sherm 5.Marco P. I have permission to share the starter guild pdf with anyone in the 1st group that wants to look it over prior to Wednesday Night. If you are interested in it please send me a  PM here with the email address I need to send it to. In line for the next game are (date and time TBD): 1.Nauxwarr 2.Ransom S. 3.Rahknu 4.Sonichero156 5.Joe H 6.Konstantin K. 7.Skrid
I'd be interested in taking part in the next game, whenever that is
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Kon - you will be fine. I am seriously taking this as a learn to play. I am not expecting anyone to have any knowledge of the game - if they do it will be a bonus.  Rahknu - I will add you to the list :)
I might be up for this when you get a second group together.
I'm very interested for a second run. Am a complete beginner. never played before but would love to start.
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
We have 1 opening for the game tomorrow (a player is sick and does not think they can make it). 1st player on the 'next game' list ask can be in. If no one can make on short notice we will play with 4 (perfectly fine).
Hi, if the spot for tomorrow is still open I'd like to join. I'm from Brazil so I'm not sure how I'd do to acquire the books and such (evertything costs about 3x more here due to ratio) but I'm definitely intereted in trying it out. Let me know if it is ok. Cheers
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
OK Marco you are in... as far as getting the books if you like the game - they are all being released as PDF also, so you can get those without the shipping head aches. The game has customers from the Kickstarter in Brazil -- so I know we can get books to you, not sure of cost... we can cross that bridge when we come to it. 
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
NOTE: If anyone is set up to record this session and can then send me the copy it would make me very happy. I will be hosting from a net-book and it is just not set up to record and store anything. 
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Want to thank Sherm, Marco, and Matt who made the LTP session last night - despite my inability to correctly make 'mooks' (now corrected, damnit) and me using /desc on a player action (was supposed to be /em), and some skeletons that were bleeding when hit... the game went great. Best I can tell fun was had by all, and I might have some new fans of the system.  Next LTP session should be in a couple weeks. I will start at new post and transfer and contact those on the current want to play list once I have it locked in.  Thanks again guy, I had a great time. 
Hey, thanks for running! I had a great time and you gave me some great insights into what roll20 can do!
Hey Dan! Good luck with your groups! I was at Winter Fantasy last year, and had the pleasure of talking with you and Mr. Schwalb about the game. For all of you players getting into this... YOU WILL HAVE A BLAST! Happy travels and Hail Seitan!
DK Heinrich
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Thanks Rick!! Looking forward to WF again this year!