Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Landscape PDFs don't load correctly into handouts

A single page gets treated as multiple pages, triggering a page selection dialog, and then the right side of the page gets cut off.
Hi, Tenacious Techhunter . &nbsp;I hope you don't mind if I ask some questions to try to get to the bottom of this. &nbsp;Have you experienced a similar problem with PDFs that were in portrait format or just this one landscape format file? &nbsp;Do you, by any chance, have a program that would allow you to rotate the page so that it is in portrait format and try uploading that?&nbsp; I'll attempt to do some experimenting on my end as well and see if I can't replicate the problem. &nbsp;By any chance, is this file you are using something I could download for free or is it something you've purchased/own? I did some searching and found a thread that mentions a problem that sounds similar to the one you're having:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/145899/cant-upload-entire-map-cuts-off-at-the-right-end#post-162218" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/145899/cant-upload-entire-map-cuts-off-at-the-right-end#post-162218</a>
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
That was a workaround for the other persons problem. Not positive but I think the handouts are coded in such a manner that landscaped pdfs wont load properly. I could be wrong but I wil check into the first chance I get unless someone beats me to it.
Good point Metroknight . &nbsp;However, I uploaded a landscape format PDF to a handout without any issues. &nbsp;It may be something related to the size of the file, perhaps...
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Good to hear. Back to what pdf is being used. Could it be to big either file size or possible it is corrupted? Could it a plugin on his computer.? Those have be known to do some wacky stuff.
You can try mangling the file; here it is...&nbsp; DEx_CheatSheets_1-0.zip I have no real experience editing PDFs. You can try to mess with the file, but I’m pretty sure you’ll reach the conclusion that landscape import is still broken. If I really want to, I can try and take a screenshot and upload that, but this is something that should simply just work.
Thanks for passing along the files, Tenacious Techhunter . &nbsp;There is nothing about the landscape format that causes an inherent problem, however it does appear to have some kind of width limit. &nbsp;I'll have to do some digging to find out more about it. &nbsp;As for being treated as if there is more than one page, that's actually working normally. &nbsp;The popup will always give you the option to change which page you are pulling, but as the dialogue box indicates, you can just leave the page as the default "1" for single page documents.&nbsp;After some testing, I did discover that if you convert the PDF page into a JPG file, it loads normally, but&nbsp;I'll also see what I can find out about the file dimensions being cut off for PDFs. &nbsp;&nbsp;
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I just converted those pdfs to jpg and I will send you a link Tenacious. I tested the jpgs and they load just fine.