Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll20 triggers spontaneous reloads of EVERY open window, and not merely Roll20's window itself

Never mind how annoying Roll20 reloading itself spontaneously is... why do my other browser windows have to be borked along with it?
Please follow the bug report guide and give us info from <a href="http://supportdetails.com" rel="nofollow">http://supportdetails.com</a> (sans IP address).&nbsp; In general, though, we have no ability to affect other windows due to browser sandboxing/security, so the more likely culprit is a plugin/addon that is misbehaving.&nbsp;
It would have been more helpful if you actually bothered to post a link to the bug report guide, instead of asking me to find it somewhere. :P Yeah, I get this bug independent of platform; whether it’s OS X and Safari, or Windows Vista and Firefox. It’s happened pretty consistently across versions of Flash, as well. It usually happens when I’m trying to edit something; selecting or adding tokens to the board, modifying character sheets, adding handouts, whatever. I think it also happens during dice rolls, and not just mine. Roll20 is the only website this happens on; it’s very weird. So if you’re really all that sure it has to do with a plugin/addon, then it’s more likely that Roll20 is misusing that plugin/addon than the plugin itself being broken; Flash itself being a nest of possible exceptions, of course.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Tenacious Techhunter said: It would have been more helpful if you actually bothered to post a link to the bug report guide, instead of asking me to find it somewhere. :P The very first thread in the&nbsp;Bug Reports &amp; Technical Issues forum is a sticky that reads " Submitting Bug Reports: Read First ". You can see it on the general community forums page too. It's pretty hard to miss and we hope that our users read that thread before posting bug reports. Otherwise there's a delay with our attempts to fix your problem, because we need to ask you for the original groundwork of info in order to proceed. Have you tried isolated any of your plugins/addons to see if one in particular is tripping up Roll20? If you deactivate them all, do you still have issues with the windows/tabs reloading?
Yeah, that's not so much a "Guide" as a "suggestion". If you want reports that are going to be helpful, you're going to have to revise that. When a problem is more than just the sum of several individual issues, you'll never know if you limit bug posts that way. Failing to address user requirements is no path to software development. Regardless, no, I haven't done any extensive plugin testing. While I could certainly try it, and probably will at some point, I'm really not convinced that disabling any plugin that Roll20 needs to function is going to improve things. I'm not in the habit of downloading custom plugins regardless, so I'm not certain where the problem is coming from.
O.K., I finally bothered to look at my installed Safari plugins, and I’m afraid you guys are out of luck; here’s the general breakdown: Java Applet Plug-in QuickTime Plug-in 7.6.6 Shockwave Flash WebEx64 General Plugin Container WebKit built-in PDF And that’s it... You guys are going to have a hard time if you are going to insist that it’s the fault of one of the above plugins instead of Roll20 itself, because... A. Just about everyone needs those plugins to work and B. Roll20 needs most of those plugins itself for it to work.