Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

No one can hear my mic even though it's working correctly.

I have a weird issue with OpenTok. It picks up my mic, shows that it is receiving input from it, but no one can hear me.
Does it work with other programs (i.e. it's capture volume is turned up)?
Yup. I can even cat the input directly to my speakers. As I said, OpenTok is getting the input, but it appears to not be sending it.
Are you using Firefox? We have had some compatability issues between Tokbox and Firefox. Try launching your game via a Google hangout and see if anyone can hear you then. That should tell you whether it's something specific to Tokbox or if it's a more general problem.
Have the others checked their volume settings? I often have to turn everybody up to the max to hear when using tokbox.
Done that as well. Not using Firefox either.
Gid
Roll20 Team
It might be a Flash plugin conflict. Latest versions of Chrome have this tendency to have two to three different versions of Flash enabled at the same time. In particular, Chrome's "Pepper Flash" causes a ton of problems with TokBox. Here's some tips to try and get Flash to play nice with TokBox in Chrome. Personally, I can't get TokBox to play nice, so I just use Google Hangouts for my video chat needs. Oh. And since this hasn't been mentioned yet, you can increase/decrease the volume of your own microphone volume settings in TokBox. In case you haven't tried it, increase your volume and have your players increase the volume on your portrait on their end too.
Thanks Kristin, it's disabled but still no Mic. :(
Gid
Roll20 Team
I'm sorry that TokBox is still giving you issues. I'd recommend trying a session via Google Hangouts to see if that handles your vchat needs.