Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Feedback req] Showing off.

I've spent the past few months building my first fully functional charactersheet. It's still a work in progress, but i made a video trying to help my next set of players build characters easily, so I thought I would share it here and show off a bit. Shout out to Brian .. I've made use of more than a few tricks he made in the CSS tricks thread to make this work right. Given my relative CSS n00bness, this would have been possible without his input. If I were to lay awesome out in Hiearchy, it would start with Neil De Grasse Tyson, second on the list is Jquery, and after that is Brain. Thanks much! <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FpkhZcshO4" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FpkhZcshO4</a>
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Woah. Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks! I'm glad you like it! I kicked my own ass for months haha.&nbsp; I'm definately looking for negativie feedback though (because that is how improvements happen). So feel free to nitpick.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Quick question, will the Nominal value ever differ from the number of checkboxes selected on the development tab? If not you could make that (the Nominal field) a calculated field by just adding up the number of checkboxes (assuming each checkbox has a value = 1) checked.
I'm simulating cumulative cost (a vampire like system), by having incrementing values on each box. so the first checkbox is value='1', the second checkbox is value='2', ect. That's why you need to put it in two places, the checkboxes have a diffrent value for calculating character point cost, than they do when calculating your actual trait values.&nbsp; The only way i know of to simulate it, is to have it set up so that only the value of the largest checkbox is then applied to the actual trait value. (so if you check 3 boxes, only the value for checkbox 3 gets pulled in.). However this involves the use of alot of hidden feilds and some fairly complictated comparisions on the values of all those feilds to resolve it down. I'm worried about performance, and it also seems like a potential nightmare to maintain if anything changes.&nbsp; for the moment, it's just simpler to make people fill it in twice. I really need a math only MAX option, so i can just say (MAX ( @{box1} + @{box2} , ect )
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Bryan W. said: for the moment, it's just simpler to make people fill it in twice. I really need a math only MAX option, so i can just say (MAX ( @{box1} + @{box2} , ect ) &lt;input type="number" disabled="true" name="attr_max_xy" value="(((@{x} + @{y}) + abs(@{x} - @{y})) / 2)" /&gt; Also, those checkboxes on the development tab could be replaced with radio buttons. Leave the values as 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. &lt;!-- Character tab --&gt; Intelligence: &lt;input type="number" name="attr_int" disabled="disabled" value="@{intelligence}"&gt; &lt;!-- Development tab --&gt; Intelligence: &lt;input type="radio" name="attr_intelligence" value="0"&gt; &lt;!-- so the player can un-select int points if they want to go back --&gt; &lt;input type="radio" name="attr_intelligence" value="1"&gt; &lt;input type="radio" name="attr_intelligence" value="2"&gt; &lt;input type="radio" name="attr_intelligence" value="3"&gt; &lt;input type="radio" name="attr_intelligence" value="4"&gt; &lt;input type="radio" name="attr_intelligence" value="5"&gt; &lt;input type="hidden" name="attr_int-cp-spent" value="(@{intelligence} * (@{intelligence} + 1) / 2)"&gt; N * (N + 1) / 2 is the N th triangular number, which is equal to the total CP cost for an attribute as you described in your video.
The second option would totally work! Thanks for the input! I was not aware you could do that.&nbsp; For point 1, I was aware we could do that it way, but decided against it becasue it involves the use of alot of hidden feilds. Someone else offered that somewhere else on the forums (copy and pasted from the wizardy thread), but it seemed really tedius. Plus i pull traits into everything, so if anyone hovered over the macro, they would see a crap ton of comparision operations instead of 3 or 4 easy to understand bonuses.