Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LFG getting started in Legend of the Five Rings 4e (weekdays/GMT evening)

I recently stumbled upon the L5R system and am really intrigued by it. I would like to know if there are any groups playing(or forming) who would accept a new player. My previous experiences are with Pathfinder and 13th Age.
Oooh weekdays/GMT evening would certainly work for me time-wise, and I do rather like L5R, I'd certainly consider running something if there was enough interest.
Great to hear, so I guess if you could GM, we'd just have to find a few more players
I would possibly be interested if it were Monday or Wednesday nights... got other commitments the other nights.  I am still relatively new to L5R, but do enjoy it.  The one thing that I have found difficult so far, is the interactions between various clans and such, would really enjoy a game where the group is all part of 1-2 clans chosen together or by the GM and was focused more on the clan politics/outlooks/choices perhaps.
Strangely enough Mon/Wed are the better nights for me as well! I know what you mean about the clan interactions, I'd be happy to work with people to come up with a campaign concept that works for everyone. If people want to PM their ideas/skype address or whatnot!
Mon/Wed would be perfect for me too. And I guess to start learning for me, single clan campaigns would be best for me.
Well, isn't this coming together nicely!
Good. I'd guess about 2 more players would be enough to start something.
While I would love nothing more than to join in on an L5R game (I've been enamored with the system for a few years now), and the timeslot you've mentioned seems like it would work out well for me, I do have two quick questions which I'd like to know about before I sign up for anything: 1. Most important to me, is this going to be a text game or a voice game? Some mix of both (OOC in voice, for example)? The reason I ask is that with L5R I tend to prefer text-based games, since it allows for a bit of time between responses for newer players (and even old hands like me who might just need a bit to think of a proper Rokugani reply). 2. I assume this is going to be played weekly, but am I right in that assumption? Or is this likely to be multiple times per week? Biweekly? Just wondering what sort of time commitment you're looking for. If I do join up, I'll likely have a dozen other questions (as I said, I've been a player for a while), but those can all wait. Looking forward to your reply. -Tyr
For me personnally I'd say once a week maximum, but I'm adaptable for less. The more technical question I'll leave to those with actual knowledge to sort out, but your preferences would be fine by me.
I would be looking at once a week or there abouts. Personally I would want to be doing it over voice, as, well if you're doing it via text, you may as well do a PbP, to be honest!
That's like arguing that sending an email is the same as having a chat through an Instant messenger. >_> It's similar only in that both are text transmitted electronically. That being said, I'm not trying to derail this thread or anything. If it's going to be a voice game, I'll humbly bow out. L5R by voice just isn't my cup of tea. If you change your minds, or if I change mine, I'll be around. ;D And best of luck.
Too bad,I guess 2 players is a little too less.
I am a 3rd play here if the time line up
Great!
if you put a game up you might get more