Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Inventory Set 1: R. A. Hapke and A. C. Meadows

Edited 1445299619
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
Inventory Set 1 is a collaborative effort by Aaron and myself to try something a little different we hope gamers and GM's alike would find fun for their adventures.  Use the elements with no backgrounds for maps, also included are the parchment backgrounds for handouts and banners. And we thought the playing card set ups could bring another element to your game on Roll20 as well. We hope you enjoy the first inventory set! There are 68 items, and each item is set in four different backgrounds:   Icon items at 140x140 pixel area with no background for map placement  140x140 pixel area with a parchment background A 700x280 pixel area (a 2x5 square) - for banner and a 280x420 pixel (2x3 square) playing card set up.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Super stylish. Would be amazing combined with some inventory API magics.
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
Thanks! Fingers crossed, maybe some API magic can happen. Would be interesting to see, especially for handouts or the playing cards. 
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
The original idea behind this set was having the same item represented in a useful way for each of the facets of Roll20: No Background -- Placed in a map, to be found by players Card Background -- Placed in an item deck (or even used as cards to make up a fantasy game) Square Background -- Used in a more iconic role, as either item placement on one of the visual inventory paper doll scripts, or perhaps markers on a tile based board game. Banner Background -- As a header for a handout detailing special (magical!) items. We have some other ideas to go with this theme if it proves popular enough, and there are more coming.  Certainly post if there are particular items you'd like to see in future sets. =D
+1
Gold
Forum Champion
Clever set-up. Nice art. I will be trying this set.
I love this set! When the graphic interface scripts first started popping up I looked for such a set.  But none existed so I had to make my own. Next campaign, if there are even more sets, I'll have to buy them so the art style is consistent. So I do have to ask:  Aaron, what is your contribution to this?  Should we expect some fancy scriptomancy to support the items in this set, or are you artistic as well as a godlike programmer?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
My contribution was mainly "wouldn't it be cool to have a set that does...", though I did write some generation scripts. Our original subset of images was more along the lines of 24k individual graphics with different variations. Unfortunately, that's not really something well supported by the marketplace. Set two will have more of a contribution from me.  As far as artistic ability goes, I do have a minor in Art, but it's more an inclination than a talent. =D

Edited 1445385512
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
The Aaron said: My contribution was mainly "wouldn't it be cool to have a set that does...", though I did write some generation scripts. Our original subset of images was more along the lines of 24k individual graphics with different variations. Unfortunately, that's not really something well supported by the marketplace. Set two will have more of a contribution from me.  As far as artistic ability goes, I do have a minor in Art, but it's more an inclination than a talent. =D Now don't you let him fool ya Three...Ol' Aaron was huge with this set, we already have quite a load for set 2, which Aaron will be using his scriptomancy skills to spiffify so the load will be on him there. I am most definitely looking forward to the reaction on this set, as well as future inventory sets.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
This is very cool.   Just some ideas;  More weapons.  Armor and shields. Thieves tools.  Musical instruments. Food.  Clothing.
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
Great ideas!
PaulOoshun
Marketplace Creator
Different sets of keys, in various styles, a pirate map and a pot of Spud Sporewinkle's Pot Luck Luncheon.
Gabriel P.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
These perfectly feed into my love of fancy handouts.  Having placables and cards is perfect!
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's a trap ..... doesn't anyone else see it? "Set 1" He has hooked us like this before.... remember:&nbsp; <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/244/old-" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/244/old-</a>... You thought collecting ever type of tree was bad... he has moved on to items. I imagine we will being buying these sets until we have finally scord that long sought after&nbsp;"silver cheese grater" token.&nbsp;

Edited 1445540872
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
Stephen S. said: It's a trap ..... doesn't anyone else see it? "Set 1" He has hooked us like this before.... remember:&nbsp; <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/244/old-" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/244/old-</a>... You thought collecting ever type of tree was bad... he has moved on to items. I imagine we will being buying these sets until we have finally scord that long sought after&nbsp;"silver cheese grater" token.&nbsp; Ooo! I know something that is going to be making it into one of the upcoming sets! Ya know, this set started with Aaron and I joking about this: Sure you can have a sack of holding, or a bag or holding, or even a portable hole...so why not a 'Fannypack of Holding'? I think the Silver Cheese Grater must make an appearance, of course, only after the gnomes have gotten done with it. :D