Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

"Actively seeking" profile needs searchable day and time availability

There are 500 people interested in playing Palladium.  How do I find 4 - 6 that can play on Saturday 10AM - 1PM?  Players can search for available games, and start the request to join process, and a DM can wait weeks to see if enough people find his listing. It would be nice to be able to see how many fish are in the pond before setting a hook and waiting for hits. Another route would be for a player to be able to set a daily automated search that emails new results.
The available player section needs a massive overhall. As it is, it's basically useless. Making it more searchable and being able to include available times would be good first steps.
I'll admit, I've just never used the system because the one time I tried I got a few dozen hits and no way to do anything with them other than individually invite people I didn't know based on often-blank profiles. I want to use the system, I really do, but actually doing anything with it currently is like having a blindfolded dentist pulling teeth. Yeah, he's got a 1/32 chance of getting the right one, but it's painful guessing in the meantime. Here's my unofficial +1, since my official ones are taken up, currently.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .