Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Take some Screenshots of your campaign and share!

Here's some shots from my Red Tide game "The Yellow Throne". The first shot is of some orcs protecting their throne room (and arguably their lair full of she-orcs and their spawn). The other is an unpleasant discovery in a latrine. Fun!
A single room making use of the hide/reveal tool.
A mysterious chamber containing some strange runes. But what is it for?
IsItMyTurnYet
Marketplace Creator
A sneak peek at part of a tomb that I've been working on. A few minor touches need to be added here and there though.
A sneak peek at part of a tomb that I've been working on. A few minor touches need to be added here and there though. Very cool!
Here is a screenshot that is part of some testing about the graphical capabilities of Roll20. Also, I want to see how much is possible to handle a game session not very focused in maps. There is a background image and three tokens (portrait, full-size image, magic book); the other two elements included are a character and a monster journal entry. Right now it's a bit of work to center the image correctly and hoping the players to do the same —a bit of work, at least in comparison with the automatic centering and auto-fit of iTabletop concerning not maps, but background images (<a href="http://tinyurl.com/c2k459l" rel="nofollow">http://tinyurl.com/c2k459l</a>). While doing tests like these, I noticed that it would be great to have a similar feature for background images in Roll20. It goes without saying that the character sheet at the right side is opened in another tab, and detached from the Chrome browser running the Roll20 app. This is because I put a CharSheet url in the Bio & Info section. Overally speaking, the results are satisfactory to me.
Saul Wynne
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hi there here is a screenshot of my Demonfriend campaign - session 4 with the videofeeds moved into a empty place. I' ll post more once we get further in :D
Hey, is that from Google Hangouts? How did you manage to move the video boxes?
Saul Wynne
Pro
Marketplace Creator
HI Ken ,You cant move the video boxes, not yet anyway, I grabbed a screenshot then used photoshop to cutout the video boxes and moved them to a empty area on the map, so you could see more of map at high resolution. wanted to show my friends enjoying the campaign as well, Mateo was so lucky with rolling 20/20 almost three times in a row. what are the odds? Nice idea though, to have the interface movable, drag and drop.
Joe B.
KS Backer
Marketplace Creator
Here's a couple of the climactic ends of a few of our battles. Custom system, custom art, custom maps. Designed specifically for roll20.
Joe B.
KS Backer
Marketplace Creator
And here's another, of our cast in the bridge of the ship. it's a lot of fun to watch the players move themselves around in the middle of the interaction parts. heh.
Saul Wynne
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Roll2O in SPACE ACE ace ... Looks good Joe B, nice art BTW. Manga stylie
Joe B., Your screenshots -maps and not maps- convey the feeling of a very fun game.
This is a shot from "The Fallen Fortress," a level-one freebie module from Paizo. The map was custom made for roll20 using a tile mapping program I wrote (with a little photoshopping too).
matt p.
Marketplace Creator
@joe; That last screenshot has a very visual novel feel to it, which I find incredibly interesting!
View from my HackMaster campaign tonight -- session ended with the party bloodied and sucking fumes on hitpoints. They decided to hole themselves up in a side chamber and tend to thier wounds. The kill tokens are dead kobolds they dragged up to the door and impaled on spears as (and I'm quoting here) "a warning to the others not to XX&&##!! with us!" lol. Party is marooned on a desert island and a deeply entrenched kobold warren hold sway over the only source of fresh water (underground cistern). Interesting to see them fighting for water rather than gold or treasure (which is largely useless to them at the moment with no place to spend it).
Keith
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Setting up a campaign so that I can play Catalyst Games new game, Leviathans. Here is The British Air Fleet patrolling East Anglia. Working on the French Fleet models tokens right now.
Joe B.
KS Backer
Marketplace Creator
@joe; That last screenshot has a very visual novel feel to it, which I find incredibly interesting! That's the idea. I'm actually working on a visual novel engine in my spare time, so this game has a lot of that feel to it. All the art (aside from a few random assets in the maps I think) are drawn by me. I will eventually try to get these characters and some of the assets on the market, so others can use them. Also, here's another of our "Dramatis Personae" map. The characters, portraits, and runes are all separate pieces, so I can easily add characters to the cast.
@Jolly B. A very interesting campaign premise :-) @Keith Neat! I Are the hex highlights a part of the airship token?
Keith
Pro
Marketplace Creator
@Riley Yes, I made them semi-transparent so that you could see which hexes the ship was actually in. The hard part was factoring in the point of rotation. The 2 hex ship rotates on the first hex and the 4 hex ship rotates on the second hex. This means that their icon extends quite a way in front of the image.
Defining the point of rotation could become a new suggestion. Maptool does it by enabling you to "center" your token on its own setting page. The main interest is for those tokens who extends much out of the square (or hex). The best exemple is a pikeman with a weapon that extends several squares before him.
I am about to run a conversion of VtM into d20, and I just do not like the limitations that a battle map sets for this kind of game (not bashing battle maps.) I prefer to set up items for mood as well as informational.
Agreed, setting the mood is paramount in RPGs. But a map (and associated tokens) is information. Maps are much more than tactical displays. You could add a token representing a simple cross meaning just "you are here". But even a tactical display is also a way to inform the players on the surroundings of their characters or on a situation. A GM would probably be hard pressed to give as much infos through a description as through a map, even a sketchy one. I don't think maps set limitations, they just give informations.
Video of 3 hr session sped up into 15 minutes. Played almost entirely in chat as we had some issues with people not able to control some dogs barking <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9iExkzE_K0" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9iExkzE_K0</a>
matt p.
Marketplace Creator
Woo! just a bit more testing and this is going to be ready for distribution! Also I got my hams kicked. (I was the yellow-bearded dwarf). It still amazes me how much I suck at my own games.
I just finished the first leg of my campaign "Splitline", based on the Savage Worlds setting Day After Ragnarok. 2 of my 3 players were new to tabletop gaming, but they all played very well. Tokens are mostly my own design, done in 16-bit style. Maps are all created with free content.
matt p.
Marketplace Creator
Oh my god don, I love how dressed up you guys look. Especially the dude on the far right. Delightful. I think dressing up might encourage my players to actually videochat. Also your screenshots are amazing! The second one looks like it must have been nuts to manage.
Oh my god don, I love how dressed up you guys look. Especially the dude on the far right. Delightful. I think dressing up might encourage my players to actually videochat. Also your screenshots are amazing! The second one looks like it must have been nuts to manage. Thanks Matt! We started dressing up because one night, one of my players didn't have time to change out of his work clothes before we started. The rest of us gave him a hard time, but the next session everyone was wearing collared shirts and ties! That 2nd screenshot was definitely a crazy battle. It was designed to be unwinnable, with an NPC that would come bail them out. My players didn't even need to be rescued though. I was so proud (and slightly annoyed) Your village building screenshot looks like so much fun! I might have to try letting my guys have fun instead of just trying to kill them all the time. :D
This is our party of 4 (my Drow ftr/cleric/mu of Eilistraee, a Karaturan master samurai/zen archer, a high elf Paladin/ranger, and a classic 1st edition Bard) facing off in a Kuotoan temple against Hezarou (sp), Babau demons, water elementals, a Kuotoan Whip, a Kuotoan Bard, and their leader the CLAW! Took us from 11pm - 2:30am, but we cleared the room, with no casualties, and just a few bruised egos (mainly my eye)... thank god for Heal spells and regenerative Ioun stones.
roll20 is such a great tool! I will finally be able to play with my old party, everyone is miles away from where i am now. I just started using it yesterday. First one is my first test campaign, the other one is the kobolds lair of Caves of Chaos in the playtest of D&D 5th edition (DnDNext)
Here's a shot of the landing screen for my campaign. I'm impressed with the tools that are provided. I can maintain a consistent page layout and update the post mortem readout for my players. Lots of potential.
Very cool, Mutant Matrix Artifact! What I wish for this kind of setting informative or splash images is a way of auto-fit them according to the largest coordinate, X or Y available in the display of the different players. For instance, iTabletop does this. When it's about visual representations, I find the accidental, empty grey space surrounding the canvas inelegant, and having to wait players to manually arrange the image properly --by means of zoom, pan, can be a bit cumbersome.
Keith
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I am finding that Roll20 works VERY well for converting board games as well as RP Games. My group currently plays Arkham Horror using Roll20 and I am in the process of converting Mayfair Games' Pillars of the Earth. I must say, I am really impressed.
Axel: You're right about that grey border space. I would like to set that color if it were possible. What would be great is a "center point" tool, like a little crosshair that could be used to designate the starting centerpoint of a scrollable map.
Roll20 works beautifully for Air Force/Dauntless (Avalon Hill). In fact, as you can see from the screen shot, Roll20 allows for some fun visual effects that weren't possible with blank hex maps and cardboard counters. The chat window is perfect for simultaneously plotting secret moves. And the Turn Order window is ideal for tracking Turn number, damage, and ammo expended by each aircraft.
The Journal section is also excellent for tracking pilot careers (see screen shot), posting house rules, and recording summaries of each battle.
Drew out a map, and uploading it as a page, so we can keep a token of where we are on it, and use the ruler to track how far away places are.
I ran my first Roll20 game last night, and I'm excited! Sorry if this post rambles. :) I am running a fantasy game set in the 1st AD&D version of the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting (the old grey box) and using the Dungeons & Dragons Rules Cyclopedia for the rules. The foundation of the game is the excellent 1st AD&D module N5: Under Illefarn . Last night was the first game session where we used Roll20 for our game, and it went swimmingly! If you're not familiar with the module Under Illefarn , then disregard this... the group has already played through the Caravan Duty , Lizard Raid , and Rescue Mission mini-encounters and is undertaking the main adventure of the module. Deldrach Longarrow, a Wild Elf envoy from the Laughing Hollow, has arrived at the main gates of Daggerford and requested to speak only to the friends of chief Melandrach, the King of the Woods. He came to the militiamen and requested aid on behalf of Melandrach; he has found the source of the poison spilling into the Delimbiyr River and needs their help in stopping the flow. The party leaves Daggerford to aid Melandrach and has several days of overland travel before reaching the Laughing Hollow. This is where we had our first Roll20 session in this game. On the second night camping out in the wild, the group is attacked by a large pack of starving wolves during the 3rd Watch. This was a rolled random encounter, and I rolled 15 wolves out of a possible 16 to attack the party! Two of the wolves attack the picket of horses while the other wolves hold the party at bay. There were two people on watch and as soon as the horse was attacked, they raised the alarm. As the group awoke quickly to the alarm and got up to ready themselves, they realized that there were low-growls and reflective eyes surrounding their campsite! The two wolves quickly killed the first horse and this sent the wolves into a killing frenzy. They attack the party for meat and blood! When the party awoke, most of them started to ready a crossbow but the wolves attacked before they could get off a volley- it was mêlée time and survival of the fittest! I was rolling hot for the wolves and some of the PCs were rolling cold. Only two of the party members escaped the encounter with no injuries; the Moon Elf PC Ahraenar and the Wild Elf NPC Deldrach Longarrow. The PC Larry was taken below zero hit points by the wolves and on the verge of death. The wolf grabbed Larry's unconscious body and started dragging him away into the bushes for a proper meal. Donyerth, the NPC priest of Lathander, rushed the wolf alone and took it out. Donyerth quickly casts a cure light wounds spell and saves Larry's life and brings him back from the brink of oblivion. The wolves rolled 3 Critical Hits against the party during that fight! Fandral, Elos, and Aswansea each took a critical bite attack from the wolves. My House Rule for a natural '20' rolled is that the attack does maximum damage + 2 so the wolves critical bites did 8 damage a pop! Luckily, the group is 2nd level and they had enough Hit Points to survive the terrible bite wounds and continue fighting. All told, two horses died, but Larry's horse managed to kick a wolf to death before it was killed. 10 wolves lay dead at the end of the battle, and 5 wolves escaped into the starry night after a failed Morale check. Two of the fleeing wolves were uninjured. I told you I would ramble! :D Finally, here's the screen shot...
Drew out a map, and uploading it as a page, so we can keep a token of where we are on it, and use the ruler to track how far away places are. That is a cool overland area map. If you want, you can use set a grid of numbered hexes in the Page Options for measuring distances too.
I ran my first Roll20 game last night, and I'm excited! Sorry if this post rambles. :) It's good to see the enthusiasm. Besides, you have a pretty good overall game setup for this being your first Roll20 session!
This is the entrance to Moldemort's Crypt, a very small two encounter dungeon which I am using to playtest The Adventure Game, which can be found here at: <a href="http://the-adventure-game.wikidot.com" rel="nofollow">http://the-adventure-game.wikidot.com</a> . The dungeon was built using a tileset I created for MapTool years ago and has sat around on my hard drive mostly un-used. I intend to clean it up and re-size it for use in Roll20 and add it to the store here soon.
That looks like a sweet dungeon.
After entering and clearing out a haunted mausoleum hoping to find great rewards a disappointed party pressed on, finally reaching a chamber with a fabulous ornate tomb. After opening it a beautiful elf woman was found...........Asleep. After waking, she was found to be much more as wings appeared on her delicate back. Presto spoke to her in draconic and was fascinated to find she understood, a bond was formed. The impetuous Stumpy, ready to strike her down was suddenly charmed into an admiring champion. Goodwin and Tubob could only follow it all in awe. They led the elf maid outside and into the sunlight...........where to their amazement a great transformation took place before their very eyes, behold "Auricdraconisgwendola", As a reward for freeing her from her 100 years rest the Party was offered a flight to her Island Lair. Session ended as the great wyrm transported them all to her island, where Stumpy promptly took a nap between the dragon's huge gold horns!
Just finished putting together another crypt for random dungeon adventures. I need to make a more stone grey version of my crypt tileset for use with dungeons, castles, and such.
After entering and clearing out a haunted mausoleum hoping to find great rewards a disappointed party pressed on, finally reaching a chamber with a fabulous ornate tomb. After opening it a beautiful elf woman was found...........Asleep. (. . .) As a reward for freeing her from her 100 years rest the Party was offered a flight to her Island Lair. Session ended as the great wyrm transported them all to her island, where Stumpy promptly took a nap between the dragon's huge gold horns! Ajax, technically a true Fairy Tale. Awesome!
This is a simple test with Roll20 inside a Google+ Hangout, for checking how much display space takes the additional interface of this latter.
You can actually minimize it even more by clicking the menu button (three bars) at the top of the gplus apps column.
Oh, I see. That is better! Thank you Jonathan the Black. I'll update the screenshot in my earlier post.
Here's the minimized G+ Hangout interface with Roll20:
I don't what it's for, but those images are awsome and evocative. :)