Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Gauging interest for a "newbie/beginner" Call Of Cthulhu game group?

Edited 1445916830
LAZ
Pro
I have recently become the proud owner of some CoC books and would love to get back into the game. Gauging interest for beginner players to start a group, probably beginning with a few rotating one-shots to get a grasp of the rules and feel of the game, and then I have a campaign meshing some classic adventures together (the reason I asked for newbie players).  My grand vision involves playing in multiple eras, as family lineage and descendents play a role in the story.  I'm a huge fan of Lovecraft and roleplaying, and began prepping a great CoC campaign a while back but never got to run it, so I'd like to fire it up again for this cold upcoming winter.  I play Pathfinder as well, but find myself drawn back to CoC and a more cerebral, R-Rated kind of game, now that I'm getting a little older, fatter, hairier, and more cynical about the world.  No cute-evil goblins and fairy dragons.  I need some twisted cosmic horror and strange cannibal death cults in my life. Drop a line guys! *Ideally this would be an every-other-week game with the option of playing on off weeks if schedules permit.  Intro session of player and character introductions, review of basic game mechanics for first meet-up kind of thing.  Totally flexible though. Let's talk if you are interested!
I would be interested in playing.
Hey Green, I'd be interested in this especially if you planned on running any of the classic campaigns. However I'm not new. I've been playing on Roll20 a long time and have been playing Cthulhu a lot longer. But have never had a campaign last more than a five or six sessions. I'd love to get into something long term but would be happy to play a few one-shots to get back into the mechanics of the game. I can give you a copy of my gaming resume' upon request as well. :) Peace --Mike Oh and depending on if this is text or voice I may have others interested as well.
I'd be interested! I've been curious about CoC for awhile, but haven't played it at all.

Edited 1445954583
LAZ
Pro
Awesome! Mike...would you be interested in being the Keeper for an introductory session? Voice? Mike, Sarah and Moss...are you available Sunday, if so, what time zone and time?
And I have been gifted the 5.6 and 6 editions...which is preferred? I have read vehement defenses for both.
I would be available Sunday - I'm in MST, which is UTC -7. Sometime in the afternoon or evening would work best for me.
Green said: Awesome! Mike...would you be interested in being the Keeper for an introductory session? Voice? Mike, Sarah and Moss...are you available Sunday, if so, what time zone and time? Hey Green, I'm very sorry bud. It seems that I misread your initial post. I thought you were looking to run the games. I've very sorry about the misunderstanding and any confusion on my part. I'd only be interested in playing not running anything. Something I'd suggest for the future, is that you might want to put a, "Looking for GM" tag in the subject line of a post buddy. Best of luck --Mike
No Mike that's fine I was going to actually run the campaign itself, I just wanted to play in an intro one shot to get back into it. If you wanted to stay a player that's fine.
Sorry i should have clarified.  I can hop in a one shot in person in my city or a quick roll20 game. I still plan on being Keeper for the campaign. 
Hi there! I'd love to join in if you are still looking for players. Let me know what times would be best :)

Edited 1445975376
I'd be interested in playing. I'm free on Saturdays tuesdays and Thursday's, my I'm free after 4pm est on weekdays and I'd prefer 8pm est on Saturdays but I'm flexi I have played the game once before so I do have some exp
Green said: Sorry i should have clarified.  I can hop in a one shot in person in my city or a quick roll20 game. I still plan on being Keeper for the campaign.  That's cool then bud. Yeh count me as a player then. I just thought I had misunderstood something and didn't want there to be any confusion. Just let me know when you get something up and running.
yay i want some of that insanity

Edited 1446034361
Hello! I'm a CoC GM:). What kind of intro session did you want somebody else to run? I might be interested in running something. Just let me know what time/day you decide. I'm available to run (most) Friday-Sunday nights EST. Friday is guarenteed good every week. I don't want to commit to a campaign right now because work has started me on a rotating schedule so I might not be available the same time each week for a bit. Let me know! Thanks :)
Hey, I'm absolutely interested in a CoC game. I've never played, but am a huge fan of Lovecraft anything, and have always been interested in giving CoC a try but never had the opportunity 
Hayden that's awesome. I'm shooting for Sunday nights, and I am on rotating schedule too, so hopefully we can get our paths to cross...I will make an actual campaign page with pertinent info. At the very least we can start discussing scenarios  and what not. Hayden is 6th edition cool? 
If you guys play on weekdays I'd love to try this as a total newbie to the CoC system. Is there any space left for gmt+2 player ? Let me know, i'll be keeping an eye out.

Edited 1446114938
Yep, 6th is what I normally use. Now, did you just mean a intro session to just bring players together to get into your game? I've already got several in mind that I normally use for that. I won't be able to do this coming Sunday, next is good.
I'm interested. Been interesting in call of cthulu ever since I played the games and they proceeded to screw with my mind. 
Awesome Hayden nxt Sunday works! Work ran late last night and I have tonight off, so I'm gonna make a campaign group page around 6 est, and I'll invite everyone who shows interest...then we will go from there! It will be good to have someone who has Keeper experience to assist me as well. I'm excited!
Green said: Awesome Hayden nxt Sunday works! Work ran late last night and I have tonight off, so I'm gonna make a campaign group page around 6 est, and I'll invite everyone who shows interest...then we will go from there! It will be good to have someone who has Keeper experience to assist me as well. I'm excited! Green I can't make Sundays, I have another long term game that runs from 7PM-12AM (CST -6GMT), which would be 8PM-1AM your time. Sorry it didn't work out but if you ever move days let me know. Peace --Mike
Mike Blanc said: Green said: Awesome Hayden nxt Sunday works! Work ran late last night and I have tonight off, so I'm gonna make a campaign group page around 6 est, and I'll invite everyone who shows interest...then we will go from there! It will be good to have someone who has Keeper experience to assist me as well. I'm excited! Green I can't make Sundays, I have another long term game that runs from 7PM-12AM (CST -6GMT), which would be 8PM-1AM your time. Sorry it didn't work out but if you ever move days let me know. Peace --Mike Okay man if we run a scenario or a one shot on an off day, I will let you know!