Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 5E Out of the Abyss + other stuff: Interest check (see inside).

This is not really a formal LFG so much as just me seeing what kind of interest is out there.  I want to make the foray into 5E, since I am primarily a Pathfinder DM. And since there's a bunch of thick adventure paths piling up in my storage, I'd like to delve into them. Out of the Abyss is a new one, specifically dealing with the Underdark and all the horrors therein. There are also others, we'll see. As a DM, the thing I'm hoping to find interest from is players who want to get excited about a game, and put as much into it as I do. I don't generally care is new or a veteran so much as that they're going to be there every session excited to play. My games tend to be slower paced, less combat-focused, and more about in-character roleplaying and character arcs. Also, something I've always wanted to do since I started on Roll20, is play a game where I can actually emote as a DM, and see player reactions. I know this is not likely, but I'll throw it in anyway. If there is enough interest in it, I'd love to try a game with not just voice, but video included. There's lots of other things I've wanted to do for a long time. I've dabbled in streaming/recording games, but never seriously yet, but it's been an interest for a while. So yeah. I guess let me know what kind of interest is out there. You can reply here or by PM with any personal details or which parts you're into, and I'll see what happens if there's any bites.
what day and time you plan?
I would be interested as I am looking to play some 5e but I would want to know the time and day as I am from the UK and do not wish to play at 2 in the morning :)
Interested depending on time, new to 5e tho
Some specifics: I am in EST, US time, very likely a weekday night. I cannot accommodate overseas players, it's just not feasible. Also, as give much more priority to people that send actual messages that are more than a single sentence devoid of grammar. I appreciate people making an actual effort to communicate.
interested , but would love to play one of the custom archetypes i have
I'm open, most times of the day except Thursday nights.    I have several 1st level players using the 27 point system.  and I'm versatile, i can play any most roles. 
This works very well for me also, Id be happy to join.
I've actually been looking to get into a more roleplay centric game for a while now so that side of things interests me quite a bit. I see myself as an average roleplayer right now and would like to work on that part of my game. If I'm in the game you can count on me to be there on time and ready to go, and if real life gets in my way I will let you know ASAP. I don't currently have a webcam on my gaming machine but if having video is a must I'd be willing to look into purchasing one. I'm in IT so getting it up and running shouldn't be a problem. I've been playing 5e since the playtest and have been on Roll20 for a year and a half. I'm quite easy going and willing to fill whatever role a group might need. I'm located in the midwest so I'm just an hour behind you. So if the day of the week and session time work out I'd be very interested in joining your game should it come to fruition. Cheers!
In which case I am out due to the timezone issue. Hope you have a great game :)

Edited 1446405872
I am getting back into D&D with my 2 online friends and have been assigned the role of game finder. I'd adore getting us into this, as "after 4pm any day other than Saturday" is basically the extent of our schedule and having someone to ask questions about pathfinder would be great too since we're looking at branching out of 3.5. It will be our first run into 5e as well. However, we don't really have webcams. I don't think they'd mind streaming the game, and I certainly would love it. Please pick us.
I've got some interest reaching me, which is somewhat encouraging. If you have expressed interest already, or want to, you should probably send a more detailed PM so I can respond more directly.
I guess since I've gotten a fairly large swell of people wanting to play, I'll start considering myself as actually putting together a group, though I'm not sure how long that might take. I would love to hear from some more people, so if you want to apply send me a PM with a bit of information about yourself and what interests you about the game. But please, please, do me the courtesy of giving me some indication that you read the original post and are actually replying to that. I get that a lot of players shotgun applications to games, so as a rule I kind of just throw out one-line messages as they clearly aren't trying to show me they're writing because the stuff mentioned in the original post actually applies to them.
Bumping a bit while I sort through messages. Feel free to get in touch if you haven't already.