Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Xpath compliant DOM parser in API

Score + 11
jflo
API Scripter
Is there any chance we could get access to an XPath compliant DOM parser in the API? I'm trying to build an import script to pull in Chummer5a build files for Shadowrun games. It'd be nice to not have to ask users to convert those to JSON first. Plus, XPath is a much better way to work with the data that Chummer (specifically) renders. This would likely open the door to Pro's supporting other chargen file formats (PCGen, HeroLab, etc).
Excellent idea! I would love to be able to take exported character files from OggDude's character generator , and update my Star Wars: EotE/AoR/FaD players! As it is now, I have to do it manually.

Edited 1447793434
I'm sure the output from Hero Labs would be used by many as well.
I would add (Lion's Den) Fight Club Import
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
FWIW, you could always grab an XPath JS library. At a glance,  xpathjs shouldn't need much (if any) modification to work as an API script.

Edited 1497628580
It may interest some here in this thread that-- Only a few minutes ago did I discover a set of files in API library called PCGenPFImport . These were written by Norman G and were designed for Pathfinder character output from PCGen and then importing that data into Roll20 character sheets. It seems to me that this XML output template and script file could be tweaked in minor ways to support PCGen's D&D 3.5 output and PCGen's 5.0 output. This would at least solve the problem for moving data from tools like PCGen. I've never tweaked PCGen template files before, but I've set myself a project to adapt this code and markup to 3.5--as I've a lot material in that rules system.   
+1
+1
Still in favor of this idea many, months later!