Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Random Script Errors

For a while now, I've been seeing random errors from the script engine. The script I had active was PowerCards, and a post on that thread suggested that it wasn't a PowerCards issue. What happens is that the scripts stop working, either during a game, or more likely between games. The scripts are working, I sign out, then the following day I sign in and the scripts aren't working. Saving the scripts to restart the sandbox (with no script changes) fixes the problem... until the next time. Is anyone else seeing this problem? The errors I get in the sandbox are as follows: Your scripts are currently disabled due to an error that was detected. Please make appropriate changes to your scripts and click the "Save Script" button and we'll attempt to start running them again. More info... For reference, the error message generated was: events.js:72 throw er; // Unhandled 'error' event ^ Error: listen EADDRINUSE at errnoException (net.js:904:11) at Server._listen2 (net.js:1023:19) at listen (net.js:1064:10) at Server.listen (net.js:1132:5) at Sandbox.start (/home/symbly/www/d20-api-server/sandcastle/lib/sandbox.js:35:15) at Object.<anonymous> (/home/symbly/www/d20-api-server/sandcastle/bin/sandcastle.js:11:9) at Module._compile (module.js:456:26) at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:474:10) at Module.load (module.js:356:32) at Function.Module._load (module.js:312:12)
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
The EADDRINUSE error is a known issue in the Sandbox, it happens outside any scripts that are running.
Is there a planned fix for it? Or a way to prevent it? It often means players can't update macros during the week, since the script engine has broken and I'm the only one that can reset it.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
It is certainly something the devs are aware of.