Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[HELP] Changing weights in rollable tables.

I'm looking into seeing if its even possible to get a Through the Breach game working on Roll 20. TtB uses cards with modifiers for just about everything usually trying to beat a TN. For example to cast a spell you might need to hit a TN of 12 of Masks(one of the suits), You flip a 10 of Masks and have an associated skill of 4 for a total of 14 of Masks beating the TN and successfully casting the spell. Suits may also be associated with the skill. Looking into things however card decks seem to be completely non-interactive in that sense and also with the roller. It also doesn't like needing to flip multiple cards. What I'm looking at instead is using rollable tables. Seems like it interacts much better with modifiers and multiple flips. Only issue I can see is that there doesn't appear to be a way to not roll the same result more then once. What I'm looking for is a way to automatically reduce the weight of objects in a table to 0 once they've already been rolled, then have some way to reset the deck to bring everything back to 1 either when the deck runs out or at other arbitrary times. Does anyone know if this is possible to do at all? If its possible it should be fairly easy at that point to get a character sheet working. 
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
It is possible with the API to do this. If you build a character sheet for this, it would require the API for that functionality. 
Would that mean the sheets would be unusable for free members?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Not completely.  Depending on a Rollable Table would mean you would have errors in the rolls if they had not setup the table. If they did setup the table, they would not have the auto update. A further thought, if there are suits, there wouldn't really be a way in your calculations to only add in items of the right suite.  For example, assuming you had 2 entries: 5 Masks 6 Elephants You're roll might be [[1t[cards] + @{MaskAttr}]].  If the attribute was 4, you'd get rolls of 9 or 10 depending on the card with no regard to it's suite.