Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] The Walking Dead Homebrewed WoD Saturdays @ 10:30 EST

Edited 1447609059
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
Just one more day like any other, wake up, eat, live, & so on. But something just seems a bit off..., the sirens seem a bit more excited today, the screams of the fleeing just a tad bit discerning. The dead just a seemingly bit, not-deader than usual. This campaign is based on The Walking Dead, it will be taking place the day the outbreak spreads in Phoenix, AZ. You will begin by carrying on your unsuspecting life as the world changes to something else entirely. The group comes from different walks of life but share one goal in trying to survive the 'after'. How do you react & cope with the way the world is now & the choices that force you to choose how much of risk you're willing to take. This is NOT a full World of Darkness game, some mechanics are borrowed from it but some it is improvised. The emphasis of this game is strong role-playing, exploration, & building a narrative than the flow of mechanics. We use a mix of text & voice for games depending on the situation, the GM runs plenty of creative scenarios that include one-on-ones that focus on individual characters. The current group is about 9 weeks In-game time from the day of initial outbreak, anyone who joins up would be RPed separately until their character is caught up with the group. We're a very social group that communicates very often on skype throught out the week even aside from dedicated game days and oft run the game as long as we have the players & time to do so on certain days. Requirements for the game: -Skype -Teamspeak -Spare time for side-sessions -Good Roleplaying skills, this is The Walking Dead, not Zombieland/Dead Rising/Dying Light, realistic psychological development is really important. If you're interested, please post the following Character Template Name: Occupation: Sample Skills: Bit of Personality/History: What you like to see in a GM: A bit about you: The more info, the better. If you have any questions, feel free ask them here. I'll be more than happy to answer ^^.
Looks interesting, though the voice requirement counts me out.  Good luck, though.
Dissappointed to hear that but thank you,
skype xdarkstaikerx looks good id like to join

Edited 1447042341
Baron Von Cross
Sheet Author
Can you please post the stuff listed? thanks
How long do you guys tend to go? I'm CST, so I can handle two hours (and maybe three), and I'd like to know before I get anyones hopes up.
Yea, that's generally about how long we run.
Still looking for anyone intrested.
SUPER INTERESTED!!!!!!!
Name: Jaxson Cantera Occupation: Student, Rock climber/free runner Sample Skills: Climbing, athletics, acrobatics Bit of Personality/History: Jaxson was apart of a free running group around his university. It's funny how the world works, it saved his life. When the whole thing hit he was in his apartment building. Him and a few friends were hanging at his house when they heard beating on the door and his friend went to open it and 3 guys collapsed in, their faces were... eaten. He ran into one of them driving him into the wall and took off down the hall as fast as he could go. He ran upstairs and was greeted by 5 of those things. They were edging to him closer and closer, he turns around and at the edge of the building he ran back, gained speed, and jumped. What you like to see in a GM: Funny, fun, and overall consistent. A bit about you: I'm an 18 year old senior in high school, have watched every episode of the walking Dead and have played RP games for about 3 years now. I've been playing on DayZrp which is always fun but I have a love for tabletops and would love to be able to join your group. I'm funny and loud and love to speak my mind. My skype is capital.blade if you need to contact me. Thanks!
Sent you a PM so we can talk more about it.

Edited 1447630253
Name: Michiru Kishimoto  Age: 19 Occupation: College freshman, Electronics store employee  Sample Skills: Akido, Free running ,Kendo, Basic first aid, pistol shooting motorcycle driving  Bit of Personality/History: Michiru lived a comfortable life in Tokyo until the day that her parents told her they were moving to phoenix AZ. It's been a year since she moved to the U.S and for the most part she still misses her old life and friends but understands why her parents had to move. One morning as she was getting into work she noticed that none of her co-workers had shown up for work. That night after her shift was over she noticed someone loitering in the Blu-ray section of the store.... her first encounter with the infected. Now alone, tired and frightened she asks herself what she is willing to do to survive this brand new world. Michiru is a strong willed and dedicated person taking her time to help those in need whenever she can. Her intelligence comes from years of studying hard in school. She is very pragmatic but always puts the needs of others above her own. Her skills with a handgun come from having an older brother in the Japanese Self defense force. Michiru also has a passion for motorcycles learning recently how to ride one. Michiru has a weakness for children usually dropping whatever she is doing in order to help them though she has no clue how to care for one. As she was hiding out in the electronics store she worked at one night Michiru heard crying and found a 6 month old abandoned in the store next to her. 

Edited 1447613848
Character Template Name: Ken Balfer Age: 26 Occupation: Shooting Range Instructor Sample Skills: Firearms, Survival, Weaponry, Brawl, Persuasion, Athletics.   Bit of Personality/History: Ken has lived in Phoenix, AZ for as long as he can remember. He was born and raised with the passing knowledge of his father, a real outdoorsy person who liked to hunt and camp, his mother, a inspiring lawyer taught him a thing or too about being a smart mouth and a way with words. Ken is 26 now living his life as a shooting range instructor to instruct gun safety and keen aim for people who come and take part in the shooting range. It wasn't until one day when everything started to seem a bit off and he ended up being locked in the store with the owner because of some "Crazy people" out in the streets. What you like to see in a GM: A interactive one that is willing to assist players if they get a bit confused by explaining it out in a non-annoyed way. Someone that is great at weaving a story and really immersing you into it and the dangers that come from it. A bit about you:   Hi! My name is Tidus and I've been searching for a dedicated weekly group for quite some time now, AND WHO DOESN'T LIKE ZOMBIES? So when I saw your post it very much so peaked my interest. I've played 3.5 for a couple years and now 5e for about 6 months now and love it. I've played two games of WoD, though i'd love to play another since I enjoyed the two I did, though I know since i'm a bit new still you may not want the nooby around! Either way I'd love to play and be the gun nut enthusiast for the group who isn't the brightest, but can definitely stick up for himself and be persuasive . I do have Skype and Teamspeak, so those are no issue to me! I will PM you my Skype, incase you want it.
Due to scheduling constraints, this game is being moved to Saturdays @ 10:30 EST.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Fixed your title for you :)
Name: Cyrus Sayomi Occupation: Med Student Sample Skills: Bandage (Healing), Secondary Proficiency (Pistols), Morale Boost (Am I suppose to be making these up? haha) Bit of Personality/History: Cyrus was an aspiring medical student who had one simple goal: to improve the lives of others around him. After the outbreak occurred, he could not help but witness the tragedies that had befallen his small town. Having tried everything to cure his father's infection, nothing seemed to work. He tried everything in his knowledge and power to save him, but it was too late to save his father, as he had become something different entirely. The only solution he had was to shoot him in the head. Shocked by this incident, he himself is changing to a different person. He believes there is a cure out there somewhere, but understands that at the present moment, he must survive, at all costs. What you like to see in a GM: Someone who is passionate. Someone who puts effort into building the world. Someone who enjoys character development. Someone fun, down to earth, has a sense of humour, and is friendly and helpful towards new players. A bit about you: Hi, I'm Charlie. I've been interested in D&D and RPGs in general over the past few years but have only wanted to get into it recently. I don't have any experience but I'm eager to learn (sounds like a resume), LOVE the idea of a zombie apocalypse (not so much TWD [seriously, why did the quality drop so much after season 1?]) and would love to try this out.
Thank you!