Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script Request] Script that allows a player to click a button and have the camera centered on their token.

Sam
Sheet Author
I was wondering if there was a script out there that allows the player to center the camera on their token automatically when the script is invoked? Sort of like the GM shift+ping but allow a player to do it whenever they need?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Unfortunately, that isn't currently possible with the API. I'd love it to work and hope we'll see something like that in the near future!
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Well, it's possible if you're  the GM, since the API can invoke the GM's shift+ping but it only affects the GM for some reason. =)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Yeah, since they specifically said player, I didn't bother mentioning that. :)
Sam
Sheet Author
Thanks for your responses Aaron and Brian, that's sad that the API doesn't allow this.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Samuel T. said: Thanks for your responses Aaron and Brian, that's sad that the API doesn't allow this. ...Yet I have posted this as a 'bug' as have others in the past. I can't speak for the dev's, and nor would i want to, but from experience these kind of things often get fixed when a larger release is scheduled so I have my fingers crossed for that in the future. The functionality is already there, it just doesn't quite achieve what we would expect it to... yet ;)