Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

3d dice freeze

This is a little unusual, I suppose. I was experimenting to see if I could roll different kinds of dice and keep the highest few, for instance, rolling 2d10, 3d8, and 2d4, and keeping the highest 2. Now, when I put /r 2d10+3d8+2d4k2 it only reads the k2 on the 2d4, which is appropriate. I tried /r (2d10+3d8+2d4)k2, and it rolls I believe the 3d8, but nothing else. More importantly, the dice are stuck to the screen now, and the roll does not show up in the chat box. Afterwards, any other roll made is similarly stuck and doesn't show up in the chat. I suppose this is unlikely to come up since () are not regular dice function elements and I was just experimenting, but since it basically breaks the die roller if it's done accidentally, maybe someone could look into it.
I have noticed a "sticky" effect with large numbers of 3D dice on-screen simultaneously. I will try to experiment and see if there is a critical mass before the issue occurs.
i get the 3d dice freeze if i roll more than a single die at a time. with dice of any number of sides with or without exploding, with/out bonuses, not even using the keep/drop functions. Windows 7 Firefox Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1 javascript Yes cookies Yes color depth 24 screen res 1680 x 1050 browser size 1680 x 966 flash version 11.4.402