Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[PF] Sheet update discussion

Edited 1449023574
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Testers Needed Known issues: Recalc Sheet checkbox at top not working Buff total at top right of "core" tab not working Repeating weapons on NPC tab needs to be updated Look & Feel:&nbsp; Hide wounds arrow disappeared, wounds looks big and horrible now defense modifiers is tall and horrible (added a field now the labels are too big and wrap rows) Dropdowns not vertically aligned : Damage mod in repeating weapon (due to label below it wrapping) Tests needed: Test: pages 1-4 , NPC page (this is where javascript is at right now). Test repeating sections on every page. Make guys on my beta site, or create your own dev site, or copy a full campaign and test existing characters Macros First time you use a character must hit the "recalc sheet" checkbox, or click in a field and change it then tab out of the field, to cause anything dependent on that field to recalculate. NEW LINK : The javascript sheet beta CODE is at:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/plutosdad/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Pathfinder-Neceros" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/plutosdad/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Pathfinder-Neceros</a> The roll20 dev test/qa site is at (which anyone with Pro access can view) is at :&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20dev.net/join/36920/B5RJKQ" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20dev.net/join/36920/B5RJKQ</a> &nbsp; Updates: 12/1/2015 9:30 pm eastern Damage mod and Attack mod in repeating weapon section now accepts macros again. 11/28/2015 10:50 am eastern Fractional class advancement supported from Unchained, you must use decimals not fractions, but they will add up, rounded down to nearest int only after all are summed up. Example: you can put 1.33, 2.67 in the class fields and they will add up to 4. Pulled changes into master branch under plutosdad and deleted javascript-updates branch Updated code to use Revealing Module pattern General cleanup and speedup of code &nbsp; 11/22/3:50am eastern Merged Javascript and Vince's fixes to rolltemplates, available at beta site above, plus im uploading to my github prefix buttons not working .. not sure why .. i updated them to use the new attributes (dmg-ability-mod and attack-type-mod) but that's all. All other repeating area changes added to sheet. ($X instead of X, etc) 11/20/2015: 4:30pm Added &nbsp;defense grid to updates. This was only one i made changes,,added new dropdown for flat footed CMD ability 2, but name of the value mod is still the same removed temp column from defense grid, since it is redundant. saw some bugs in CMD calcs. fixed, &nbsp; <a href="http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/combat.html#combat-maneuver-defense" rel="nofollow">http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/combat.html#combat-maneuver-defense</a> 11/19/2015 6:15pm eastern: REPEATING WEAPONS UPDATE VIA JS! &nbsp; (only the attack mod based on attack type, and the "total attack" mod update now) many dropdowns on pages 1-4 update their respective field automatically&nbsp; changed "-display" fields to "-mod" on pages 1-4 macros using a dropdown SHOULD BE UPDATED to use "@{dropdown-mod}" rather than "@{dropdodwn}" .Such as @{repeating weapon X attack-type-mod} not @{... attack-type} init-ability-mod, not init-ability, etc. However i am not changing any of the values for the option entries, so current macros should still work. But ideally anything in the sheet should reflect the new naming convention. &nbsp;Plus we have 1 function abilityDropdownHandler that should be able to handle all dropdowns on the sheet. This was necessary since the javascript needs a field to read, and it is a lot easier to support to have an eventhandler watch the dropdown and update field, and then have one nice simple field like "init ability mod" with a number in it that eventhandlers watch. To see more examples of the dropdowns look at page 1: init ability, page 2: ability dropdowns for AC,Touch,FlatFooted, CMD, CMD FF, &nbsp;and &nbsp;page 4: Melee, Ranged, CMB abiility (note the total AC, total Melee, Ranged, etc is not auto-calced yet, i was working on dropdowns specifcially, and repeating weapons) 11/18/2015 6:30pm eastern: HP and Temp-hp update automatically via JS Class Information block at top of Class page update automatically via JS 11/17/2015 6pm eastern: comments added synced with recent changes in Vince's repository to get bugfixes to HTML earlier versions: Abilities, buffs, conditions that relate to abilites all update the abilities and ability modifers via javascript. Buffs changed to numbers only from macro text. Temp column removed from abilities. Issues Repeating sections are broken and must be adjusted for the new system in dev. This involves their adding unique IDs to each row instead of using the row index. Javascript cannot be used to calculate anything in repeating sections until #1 is updated. Javascript cannot read / evaluate fields with macro text. Which means&nbsp;buffs, skills, max hp, etc, anything where people edited the macros on their own to differ from the default calculations cannot be read and evaluated. This has the following implications: For buffs this is particularly a problem, because if we have to use disabled autocalculated fields for buffs, then abilities cannot be updated via javascript, and then nothing can be updated via javascript. So we may have to change buffs to allow people to enter numbers only. For "leaf" calculations like final AC, max HP, etc, it may be livable to keep these as macros for awhile Updating the sheet to use javascript is almost an all or nothing venture. If we imagine calculations as a tree, where the root nodes are data entry: ability scores, armor, shield, dodge, weapon bonus, skill ranks, etc, and the next level is calculating ability modifiers, buffs, and the "leaf" nodes are calculating the final numbers in any chain of calculations, such as to hit (attack), skills, normal/touch/flat footed AC, then we must use javascript to calculate nodes closest to the root and then travel out to the leaves. We cannot use javascript to calculate a leaf unless the entire chain of nodes to the very root data entry fields is calculated using javascript. Roll button not reading modified field unless user clicks in that field:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2627686/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2627686/</a> Without this the javascript is almost useless, since the updated fields cannot actually be used (unless the user clicks in a the fields that are updated, or logs out and back in) Proposals Remove temp column in abilities and add conditions column, as below. Misc stays as positive adjustement to abilities. Stop all new development on the current non-javascript sheet. The last big update should be to fix repeating sections and anything broken by the current dev environment which will go live in a few weeks. &nbsp;but no new additions, they should go into the next sheet below. Branch a new version of the sheet that will be javascript friendly. This can be in beta and hopefully get people helping code and test until it is ready for release. Since updating the sheet to take advantage of javascript calculations to speed it up, let alone any UI changes, is a huge undertaking, and will require input from more people. Remove Temp column from attack matrix at top of page 4. Same reason as abilities: these are now handled by conditions and buffs. Remove that column and add Conditions -buff and change "penalty" to conditions debuff, and have them automatically updated. Or do we need the penalty column still? maybe conditions buffs/debuffs can be renamed., or changed to one column that sums it up. (because in my experience, players never look at the upper right)
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Proposal 1; eliminate the "temp" column from attributes. We can keep misc to add other buffs to attributes, but now that we have conditions and a buffs section, having temp and misc seems redundant. The Damage, Penalty, and Drain should be used for lowering abilities, and Enhance, Buffs, and Misc for additions. &nbsp;Misc can be used for temporary buffs, if you don't want to use the buffs rows.&nbsp; Because right now, Temp and Misc operate differently. One adds to the attribute as normal, the other only affects the modifier for every 2 points (just like damage, but plus or minus), which .. since we have the 3 columns for negative modifers, plus conditions built in, is superflous. So, I want to eliminate it. Please respond below if there is an issue with that.
Sam
Sheet Author
I agree I think temp should be removed.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The javascript sheet beta is at : <a href="https://app.roll20dev.net/join/36920/B5RJKQ" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20dev.net/join/36920/B5RJKQ</a> Anyone with Pro access can see it, and help test. We will keep this up to date with the current copy Vince is working on. And then update the production sheet eventually. So the repeating sections won't work on this copy yet. Updates: Abilities, buffs, conditions that relate to abilites all update the abilities and ability modifers via javascript. Buffs changed to numbers only from macro text. Temp column removed from abilities.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Cool Chris.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
chris b. said: The javascript sheet beta is at : <a href="https://app.roll20dev.net/join/36920/B5RJKQ" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20dev.net/join/36920/B5RJKQ</a> I'd love to see your PF sheet for reference. Though it looks like you posted a join link?

Edited 1447554743
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I put it in the "javascript-updates" branch <a href="https://github.com/plutosdad/roll20-character-sheets/tree/javascript-updates/Pathfinder-Neceros" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/plutosdad/roll20-character-sheets/tree/javascript-updates/Pathfinder-Neceros</a>
Sam
Sheet Author
With the discussion of updates to the character sheet I think we should consider the probable future of having multiple character sheet layouts as per Riley's suggestion here:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1239632/multiple" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1239632/multiple</a>... Also with that we have a request for doing character, npc, armies, cities and kingdom character sheets as per this post&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1239632/multiple-character-sheet-layouts/?pageforid=2139979#post-2139979" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1239632/multiple-character-sheet-layouts/?pageforid=2139979#post-2139979</a>
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Links above are the same Samuel. ;-( BTW. &nbsp;Chris, this is Samuel. &nbsp;Samuel this is Chris. &nbsp;Samuel has made huge contributions to the sheet in the past. &nbsp;If Samuel is so inclined, I think we could use any help he can lend. &nbsp;Chris has taken on the immediate task of implementing js to take over the inefficiencies of the disabled auto-calculated attributes and more.

Edited 1447810450
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I synced my latest changes for javascript to the javascript-updates branch linked in the top note. I have not made any functional changes, mostly just added comments. I just synced the latest from Vince fixing the attack notes back to javascript-updates. At least I think I did, it seemed too easy in the git app. Samuel, yay, you upgraded to pro &nbsp;:) If you are good with the display and appearance, you can focus on that, and i can keep focusing on converting the calculations. As long as the field names don't change it won't matter what the sheet looks like. I have been working on this to decode macros. I can replace @{fieldname} with values in a string, and the below takes that and starts on a tree to evaluate the macro string.&nbsp; <a href="http://jsfiddle.net/yxg7p8qz/22/" rel="nofollow">http://jsfiddle.net/yxg7p8qz/22/</a> It would be nice to have so that users can keep their customizations, if needed. However it is a real pain. I am tempted to say we should give up and just replace any custom macro textboxes with number fields for custom modifiers.&nbsp;
Goodness. &nbsp;Army, settlement, and kingdom sheets would be something indeed. &nbsp;Right now the kingdom building campaign I'm in has been making heavy use of google sheets for the purpose and I "built" army sheets using abilities & attributes on the PF sheet.&nbsp;
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
new version uploaded to github and js beta, added a few more sections like class section, hp.&nbsp;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Chris. &nbsp;Hoping to get you some completed repeating sections soon. &nbsp;Having some issues as noted in the update thread...
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
i will try one tonight or tomorrow sometime.

Edited 1447976829
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Update loaded in gitHub and in the beta site. 11/19/2015 6:15pm eastern: REPEATING WEAPONS UPDATE VIA JS! ( only the attack-type-mod based on attack type, and the "total attack" mod update now) many dropdowns on pages 1-4 update their respective field automatically changed "-display" fields to "-mod" on pages 1-4 MACROS USING A DROPDOWN MUST BE UPDATED to use "@{dropdown-mod}" rather than "@{dropdodwn}" . So you have to use @{repeating weapon X attack-type-mod} not @{.... attack-type} &nbsp;(well, I suppose you could, but you might get different values than the sheet. I think the macro errors right now (you can see them if you open the console) are because I did a search and replace of "disabled" ... on pages 1-4 &nbsp;hm .. should not have done that for fields I have not converted yet..I can try to undo it ...&nbsp; To see more examples of the dropdowns look at page 2: ability dropdowns for AC,Touch,FlatFooted, CMD, CMD FF, and page 4: Melee, Ranged, CMB abiility (note the total AC, total Melee, Ranged, etc is not auto-calced yet, i was working on dropdowns specifcially, and repeating weapons) i would like to get an entire repeating weapon done, but doing the above took me about 12 hours.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I think the macro errors right now (you can see them if you open the console) are because I did a search and replace of "disabled" ... on pages 1-4 hm .. should not have done that for fields I have not converted yet..I can try to undo it ...&nbsp;
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Also made samuel adn Vince gms .. finally figured that out
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks for the promotion and your hard work Chris.I will have to check this out later. Real-life duties. I nearly have all the repeating sections done. &nbsp;I've had to rename the pre-set buttons (removed "repeating_"). &nbsp;Currently there seems to be an issue with using "repeating_" in &lt;button&gt; names outside of a &lt;fieldset&gt; that cause an error when using a drag/drop preset macro roll. &nbsp;Remove "repeating_" from the name it it works as expected... &nbsp;Waiting to see how that pans out. &nbsp;I really didn't want to change names of existing buttons since I know people have macros that use them.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
great. thanks we can merge them again soon, I&nbsp;just logged in to upload the fixed sheet (I changed the calculated fields I did not work on yet back to disabled) so macros and buttons now work again. it's both in github and the campaign. i saw that the buttons in the repeating sections can now be dragged to the macro bar and used , awesome! (i only tried it on your test sheet you posted in the main dev thread , not the PF sheet).
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I was keeping them separate until I knew I was on the right track. &nbsp;Since roll20 is waiting to merge until this update is ready to roll out, I'll start updating my changes on my git fork. &nbsp;I'm hoping we won't have any merge conflicts with git when we're done...
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
ok maybe we can merge this weekend. that sounds kinky. why are we both up working on this? i need some sleep
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm on the left coast, so my night is still young. &nbsp;The PF sheet is like a black hole Chris. &nbsp;I started working "with" the sheet last year and only planned on helping out till roll templates were done... We'll need to assimilate &nbsp;merge soon.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
So, I have the repeating sections all done, however I had to change the pre-set button roll names in order to solve a Roll20 quick bar bug. Currently if you drag/drop a button that includes "repeaitng_[insert a fieldset name here]..." in it's name, outside of a fieldset, you'll get an error when triggering the macro from the quick bar.&nbsp; Steve has recognized it's a quickbar bug , but cannot verify if/when it will be fixed.&nbsp; With the preset button bar names changed, any off-sheet macros that use the old/original name will not work. They would just need to be renamed ie %{selected|repeating_weapon_0_attack} would need to be changed to %{selected|weapon_0_attack}. Not that big of a deal considering all existing off-sheet macros will also need to be updated to include $ for any repeating attributes that are called. Couple of options: I can merge my changes to git as-is with the&nbsp;aforementioned caveats. I can rename the preset button's back to what they were in the hopes the quick bar bug will get patched... I can wait to see if the Devs patch the bug and then proceed. Thoughts?
I love your work. The character sheet is very cool and I love all the automation and customization that has been put in it. One gripe though is the NPC tab is feeling very bloated and requires entirely too long to find relevant information at a glance. It would be nice to see this particular tab heavily consolidated. &nbsp;

Edited 1448156267
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Keii said: I love your work. The character sheet is very cool and I love all the automation and customization that has been put in it. One gripe though is the NPC tab is feeling very bloated and requires entirely too long to find relevant information at a glance. It would be nice to see this particular tab heavily consolidated. &nbsp; Thanks Keli. &nbsp;I agree with everything you said. &nbsp;I know the NPC tab was originally done rather quickly and we've added to it as other features have made their way to the player side of the sheet. &nbsp;I feel the main focus of the NPC tab should be for quick input of monster/npc statblocks. &nbsp;Unfortunately it's difficult to include all the features a semi-automated sheet offers while keeping her "slim"... &nbsp;We'll definitely try improving the NPC tab in the future keeping the above in mind. Do you have any specific suggestions on what you would like different on the NPC tab? &nbsp;Cheers
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I think we should merge soon, so we have a full working version. I suppose, maybe the old name even though you can't drag it, since, isn't the only reason to keep the old buttons backward compatibility? If they stop working for good people can just use the new buttons in the repeating items themselves. At worst maybe hide the old buttons on the top row until they are working.

Edited 1448176058
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The buttons themselves will work fine either way, it's just the quick bar version(after drag/drop) that throws an error with the bug if we use the old names. Truthfully, I don't think there's any reason to keep the preset buttons(0-26) at all. Each preset is just a macro that pulls from repeating attributes. They were added because you couldn't call repeating button rolls by their name or drag/drop. We've had to support two different versions for sheet rolls for too long.&nbsp;Repeating sections are better than the presets in every way with this update! Proposal: &nbsp;Remove the preset buttons: Problem: &nbsp;Old drag/drop buttons or those used from within another macro by name will stop working. Solution: &nbsp;drag/drop a new button from the repeating section directly and delete the old one. I vote for a clean break and cut the presets all together. No matter what, existing&nbsp;off-sheet macros that use repeating attributes are going to have to be edited to include the $ for those calls or... see solution above. &nbsp;Macro text can be used on repeaitng rows to customize as needed.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The repeating sections and pre-set button macros have been changed to accept the 11/10 Update. &nbsp;I've renamed the preset buttons back to include "repeaitng_[fieldset name]_..." &nbsp;There is currently a known bug that roll20 is working on. &nbsp;See clip below. &nbsp;If it doesn't get fixed soon, we can always rename the preset's buttons removing the problematic "repeating..." outside of a fieldset. Keep up the good work Chris. &nbsp;Much appreciated. &nbsp;I've added my changes to&nbsp; Git PR:#1136

Edited 1448183245
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
CMB on NPC tab needs some sheet worker love I believe. &nbsp;Time for bed. &nbsp;g-night.

Edited 1448213404
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
edit:&nbsp; new version uploaded to git and my pf js beta site. Last time it was merged with Vince's was last week. I was going to merge this morning but the wife wants me to go do stuff :) status: currently updating in js:&nbsp;ability grid, defense grid, ac modifiers and armor/shield. attack grid on top (melee/ranged/cmb) and the repeating weapons.&nbsp;&nbsp;the attack and damage effects grid is not incorporated yet. any fill-in macro fields are used only if they are integers. if not, then it will just ignore the field and treat it as 0 for now. so buff-macro-text, attack mods, defense mods don't work.&nbsp; most disabled text fields are changed to number and greyed out with class="sheet-calc". Currently you can still edit them, readonly="readonly" works, but i am not putting it in yet since I am still testing. (once we decide it's a simple global search and replace) new field &nbsp;ac-attack-mod for when wearing armor that you are not proficient in. i noticed proficiency dropdown was calculating this but I didn't see it used. This is now added to the conditions column of the Attack and CMB bonuses grid, Armor Penalties section is ugly now. Armor proficiency dropdown also changed, but code just ignores anything not a "0" bugs:&nbsp; current bugs are in applying buffs to AC and CMD. it may apply to FF as well which it shouldn't. I want to split the AC buff column into several, since usually buff spells are dodge or deflect, not straight AC. i may as well add the other items Samuel asked for. the space under Dodge for FF and CMD FF is blank, but if you enter an attribute for FF, meaning you get a bonus, then dodge will be added as well, it just won't show up right now. i haven't even looked at other sheets, but hopefully finishing up the armor will have fixed issues on npc sheet in the time it took me to type this i could have merged. if you don't count the first 200 or so lines of eventhandling which are just "if this call that" then i wrote 800 lines of code these two weeks, I don't get to code much anymore at work, so this is pretty productive for me. :) at least i got to learn more javascript beyond jQuery and the basics i was using before.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
merged and I did a pull request. vince's fixes for repeating sections now merged with my javascript. need to test: everything on pages 1-4, repeating sections on any page. with an existing campaign.

Edited 1448242569
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
New PR #1157: &nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... Includes ALL current code. Git was complaining about merge conflicts and I couldn't figure how "make" it work... easier to just use the merged code and create a new PR. Fixed an unclosed div that was causing problems.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes i forgot to commit the fix to the div, i had one that was a &lt;div&gt; that should have been a &lt;/div&gt; I applied the custom page to my current campaign, and first thing I notice is we need a button or something to all the update functions onetime. This is because I look at player's sheets, and they have 15, 18, etc in the base abilities, but 10s across the board in their final abilities. I think a button won't though, since we only have access to a change event in a field. i will test out some things though. at worst a checkbox labelled "check/uncheck to recalculate entire sheet"
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
chris b. said: Yes i forgot to commit the fix to the div, i had one that was a &lt;div&gt; that should have been a &lt;/div&gt; I applied the custom page to my current campaign, and first thing I notice is we need a button or something to all the update functions onetime. This is because I look at player's sheets, and they have 15, 18, etc in the base abilities, but 10s across the board in their final abilities. I think a button won't though, since we only have access to a change event in a field. i will test out some things though. at worst a checkbox labelled "check/uncheck to recalculate entire sheet" I kind of noticed that... is it possible to do a recalc on the event of opening the sheet?

Edited 1448251675
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Apparently not. i just tried. But we can use a checkbox to recalculate. I thought this might be necessary and luckily put almost everything into separate functions rather than in the event handler "on" methods. It takes over 5 seconds to finish. I added the below to the beta site above, you can easily add it to any site. we just put this somehwere on top (i put it next to the buff and condition totals: Recalc Sheet:&lt;input type="checkbox" name="attr_recalc1" value=1 /&gt; and this near the bottom just before the &lt;/script&gt; on("change:recalc1", function() { recalculateSheet(); }); var recalculateSheet = function() { updateBuffRow("1"); updateBuffRow("2"); updateBuffRow("3"); updateBuffRow("4"); updateBuffRow("5"); updateBuffRow("6"); updateBuffRow("7"); updateBuffRow("8"); updateBuffRow("9"); updateBuffRow("10"); updateAbility("STR");&nbsp; updateAbility("DEX");&nbsp; updateAbility("CON");&nbsp; updateAbility("INT");&nbsp; updateAbility("WIS");&nbsp; updateAbility("CHA");&nbsp; updateHP(); updateTempHP(); updateClassInformation("hp"); updateClassInformation("skill"); updateClassInformation("bab"); updateClassInformation("Fort"); updateClassInformation("Ref"); updateClassInformation("Will"); updateClassInformation("level"); abilityDropdownHandler("AC-ability",["AC-ability-mod"],99,"DEX-mod"); abilityDropdownHandler("FF-ability",["FF-DEX"],99,""); abilityDropdownHandler("CMD-ability1",["CMD-STR"],-1,"STR-mod"); abilityDropdownHandler("CMD-ability2",["CMD-DEX"],99,"DEX-mod"); abilityDropdownHandler("CMD-ability",["FF-CMD-DEX"],99,""); abilityDropdownHandler("melee-ability",["melee-ability-mod"],-1,"STR-mod"); abilityDropdownHandler("ranged-ability",["ranged-ability-mod"],-1,"DEX-mod"); abilityDropdownHandler("CMB-ability",["CMB-ability-mod"],-1,"STR-mod"); updateArmor(); updateConditionDefensePenalty(); updateDefenses(); updateConditionAttackPenalty(); updateAttack("melee"); updateAttack("ranged"); updateAttack("CMB"); updateInit(); };
I honestly have no proposal to fix the NPC section that wouldn't inhibit the customization and functionality. I don't know if this is feasible or not (probably not, I'm assuming not anyway), but it'd be nice to be able to kill fields that aren't being used on an NPC by NPC basis, such as resistances and auras. I've also noticed a few things since trying to tinker around with the new character sheets (I've had my campaign put together for more than half a year now, so it's been through many, many character sheet updates; my spellcasters still haven't recovered). For NPCs (I haven't tested non-NPCs), a "ranged" attack is displaying the melee icon. I see no way to toggle that. If I try to manually add in the ranged icon into the macro, it still only displays the melee icon. Using the default attack template macro on the NPC tab, I don't see a way to disable the whisper to GM functionality. I've always allowed my players to see my attack attack rolls so that there's no questions about what something rolled. Virtual dice have a habit of making people superstitious about a string of crits and failures. I am, however, able to remove the whisper GM on feats.

Edited 1448329146
Additionally, this is more to the Roll20 staff than you guys since you have no control over it... but I'd like to see a system of manually updating the character sheets once the campaign has been generated. Too often I've loaded up game for the week and found sweeping changes to the character sheet that everyone has to now relearn or I have to fix in my custom macros. Please don't let my griping discourage you though. For all the annoyances I find, there are infinitely more fantastic things I couldn't do without thanks to your hard work and efforts.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Keii said: I honestly have no proposal to fix the NPC section that wouldn't inhibit the customization and functionality. I don't know if this is feasible or not (probably not, I'm assuming not anyway), but it'd be nice to be able to kill fields that aren't being used on an NPC by NPC basis, such as resistances and auras. I've also noticed a few things since trying to tinker around with the new character sheets (I've had my campaign put together for more than half a year now, so it's been through many, many character sheet updates; my spellcasters still haven't recovered). For NPCs (I haven't tested non-NPCs), a "ranged" attack is displaying the melee icon. I see no way to toggle that. If I try to manually add in the ranged icon into the macro, it still only displays the melee icon. Using the default attack template macro on the NPC tab, I don't see a way to disable the whisper to GM functionality. I've always allowed my players to see my attack attack rolls so that there's no questions about what something rolled. Virtual dice have a habit of making people superstitious about a string of crits and failures. I am, however, able to remove the whisper GM on feats. Hi Keli. &nbsp;There might be a way to "hide" more specific areas of the sheet. &nbsp;Similar to the current hide/show using the little black arrows. Check the Options for your NPC's repeating attack. &nbsp;Toggling melee/ranged/cmd notes also choose the header_image shown. &nbsp;The melee image is the default if you choose nothing but also have header_images enabled on the Configuration tab. &nbsp;See if that helps. &nbsp;Also, you can also modify your macro text to include a custom image not offered on the sheet or thru the custom url options on the Config tab. ie {{ header_image=[cool image name](URL to image) }} By default, all rolls on the NPC tab are whispered. &nbsp;This was decided on long ago thru public opinion and Sam(the creator of the PF sheet). &nbsp;At some point I believe&nbsp;attacks lost the /w gm. &nbsp;Probably when iterative were added. &nbsp;Then it was corrected and added back into the button macro. &nbsp;The macro text used for NPC attacks and Player attacks are the same, changing one affects both. &nbsp;So only the button macro varies between NPC and Player attacks. &nbsp;That's why you can't change it. &nbsp;All that said, I think we should offer an option to whisper rolls on the Player side as well as the NPC side. &nbsp;Added to the list.(actually been on my list for a while...)

Edited 1448355563
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Chris it looks like ACP is being applied as a condition to attacks whether proficient with armor or not. &nbsp; Condition column appears to missing class="sheet-calc"&nbsp; Even with the recalc button, some attributes seem to get "stuck". &nbsp;Noticed Bob has -6 Condition for STR and DEX, but I'm not sure why. There are a few disabled attributes on the NPC tab that are blank (CMB, FF, DMG). Thanks for your work BTW. &nbsp;;-P
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
thanks ill look at those.&nbsp;

Edited 1448404016
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The latest update has fixed the presets to quickbar naming bug. &nbsp;Cool. It looks like the preset attack macros will no longer function since some of the auto-calc fields(total-attack and total-damage, maybe more) are now handled by sheet workers. &nbsp;I believe we no longer have to expand the calculations outside of the repeating section like we've had to do in the past. &nbsp; Just for fun(since I know we're going to dump all button bars/presets... &nbsp;:-P ) &nbsp;I'll experiment with just using the auto-calc attribute without expanding the calcs and report back. Update: Looks like you can now use auto-calc attributes that originate from with a repeating section, from outside the repeating section without having to expand the calculations. &nbsp;Cool Tested this with Bob's preset attack "0" macro text. &nbsp;For some reason total-damage is throwing a fit. &nbsp;The macro will not run (shows a syntax error: Uncaught SyntaxError: Expected [0-9] but " " found. ) unless I remove total-damage from the macro. Total-damage is still a disabled auto-calc on the sheet, but it may be fed a sheet worker attribute (damage-ability-mod) that's causing problems..? &nbsp;Not sure why it works from the repeating attack button but not from outside the repeating section. macro that doesn't work &{template:pf_attack} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{name=@{repeating_weapon_$0_name}}} {{subtitle="You've been sporked!"}} {{attack=[[ 1d20cs&gt;[[ @{repeating_weapon_$0_crit-target} ]] + [[ @{repeating_weapon_$0_total-attack} ]] ]]}} {{damage=[[ @{repeating_weapon_$0_damage-dice-num}d@{repeating_weapon_$0_damage-die} + [[ @{repeating_weapon_$0_total-damage} ]] ]]}} {{crit_confirm=[[ 1d20 + [[ @{repeating_weapon_$0_total-attack} ]] ]]}} {{crit_damage=[[ [[ (@{repeating_weapon_$0_damage-dice-num} * (@{repeating_weapon_$0_crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]]d@{repeating_weapon_$0_damage-die} + [[ (@{repeating_weapon_$0_total-damage} * (@{repeating_weapon_$0_crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]] ]]}} {{type=@{repeating_weapon_$0_type}}} {{description=@{repeating_weapon_$0_notes}}} @{repeating_weapon_$0_iterative_attacks} @{repeating_weapon_$0_macro_options} macro that works (just subbed total-damage with "0") &{template:pf_attack} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{name=@{repeating_weapon_$0_name}}} {{subtitle="You've been sporked!"}} {{attack=[[ 1d20cs&gt;[[ @{repeating_weapon_$0_crit-target} ]] + [[ @{repeating_weapon_$0_total-attack} ]] ]]}} {{damage=[[ @{repeating_weapon_$0_damage-dice-num}d@{repeating_weapon_$0_damage-die} + [[ 0 ]] ]]}} {{crit_confirm=[[ 1d20 + [[ @{repeating_weapon_$0_total-attack} ]] ]]}} {{crit_damage=[[ [[ (@{repeating_weapon_$0_damage-dice-num} * (@{repeating_weapon_$0_crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]]d@{repeating_weapon_$0_damage-die} + [[ (0 * (@{repeating_weapon_$0_crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]] ]]}} {{type=@{repeating_weapon_$0_type}}} {{description=@{repeating_weapon_$0_notes}}} @{repeating_weapon_$0_iterative_attacks} @{repeating_weapon_$0_macro_options}
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Also can you do this, since i am not done figuring out how to parse the attack and damage mod textboxes and notsure when it will be done: replace [[ @{repeating_weapon_$0_total-attack} ]] with [[ @{repeating_weapon_$0_total-attack} + @{repeating_weapon_$0_attack} +@{repeating_weapon_$0_attk-effect-total-other} ]] and [[ @{repeating_weapon_$0_total-damage} ]] with [[ @{repeating_weapon_$0_total-damage} + @{repeating_weapon_$0_damage} +@{repeating_weapon_$0_dmg-effect-total-other}]]
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Absolutely.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Still having issues with macros pulling the repeating attack attributes. &nbsp;I made up an ability macro for Bob that shows all the attack and damage attributes for row "0" to help troubleshoot. &nbsp;Maybe it will help isolate problems.

Edited 1448416635
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
for one thing i noticed buff_DMG-total has to be changed to buff_DMG-total-display (or juse the basic buff_DMG-total not the repeating weapon one. This had to be done because having the same attribute name was causing problems. I updated the Bob macro and at least don't get the error that it can't find the one attribute: repeating_weapon_$0_buff_DMG-total-display of course it's still 0 like everything else. Though the top row now works in the sheet, and if you drag it to the bottom macro bar, .. really i think we can probably get rid of the row eventually&nbsp; I did fix the armor penalty modifer to attack issue, and updated the NPC tab for most attributes. still not done, but I pasted in the NPC tab into the beta test game (not in git yet)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@{dmg-effect-total} and @{buff_DMG-total} should both come from outside the fieldset I would think. &nbsp;All the other attributes found in repeaitng_weapon get their values from user input within the fieldset or thru calculations there of. &nbsp; Though the top row now works in the sheet, and if you drag it to the bottom macro bar, .. really i think we can probably get rid of the row eventually That's all I really wanted to hear Chris. &nbsp;:-) &nbsp;Just give me the thumbs-up and I'll start pruning.&nbsp;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Please send me a PR with the latest when you get sec. &nbsp;Thanks
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
yeah just delete them I say :) &nbsp;..&nbsp; I am working on the saves and other basic calcs that also appear in the NPC page. then ill do a commit, &nbsp;but before that i'll try to get another fork from your repository master branch, hopefully the auto merges will start working again
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
chris b. said: yeah just delete them I say :) &nbsp;..&nbsp; I am working on the saves and other basic calcs that also appear in the NPC page. then ill do a commit, &nbsp;but before that i'll try to get another fork from your repository master branch, hopefully the auto merges will start working again Made my year with that statement Chris. &nbsp;Been juggling and jumping thru hoops between presets and repeating sections for too long. Yeah, NPC tab has always been a "gotcha". &nbsp;Easy to forget that many attributes and rolls are shared. I haven't changed any code since making the new PR last night sooooooo there shouldn't be a damn thing git should complain about.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
im kinda tired. i combined my changes into the beta site and somehow broke the top row again,so im glad were getting rid of it :) i got most of the npc sheet And for ability conditions, they are not being removed on reset, so ..at least the fatigued is not. So i have to figure out why. I did redo the ability modifier calculator last night so i probably have a bug. sometime tomorrow i should be able to merge, i want to get rid of the known bugs first.