Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Need help surviving lava in Star Wars Saga

I'm in a Star Wars Saga game and we're going to be going to a lava planet and have been warned we will be face extreme heats in character. Our game takes place in the Old Republic era and we're limited to Old Republic tech. I'm playing as a droid and would very much like not to be submerged in lava and die. I've found an armor in Scavengers Guide to Droids, Duravlex Armor, that gives a +10 to fortitude. Do any templates or other helpful items exist in the era?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
hover jets or something of that nature if you have access to it because it is better to be above the lava rather than be in the lava.
I have flying locomotion. I'm trying to prepare for getting Seismic Slam'd into a lava pool my a 4-armed Charizard.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Ah ok. I don't know then. hopefully someone with more experience in the system will stop by and offer advice.
Thanks for the suggestion, though.
I believe there is a temperature cloak. I'd get that. Even out of the Lava, you'll be making lots of saves if you are near it, and can risk catching on fire, and having your blood boil.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
@ Teague Z. The original poster stated he is playing a droid and I'm pretty sure his character doesn't have blood per say or were you implying that his lubricants was going to boil and do droids catch fire?
Metroknight said: @ Teague Z. The original poster stated he is playing a droid and I'm pretty sure his character doesn't have blood per say or were you implying that his lubricants was going to boil and do droids catch fire? I'm sure droids can catch fire.  It seems like a droid could be equipped with a fire-suppressant system of some sort though, if it's not out of character for your droid to shoot foam or water or something.  in fact, a method of turning water into a mist that comes off of you, with the right GM, could let you use the droid as a mobile cool-zone, and help alleviate the heat fatigue of anybody adjacent to you.   maybe.  that or the water would boil, and i dunno what i'm talking about.
Apologies. I didn't catch the droid part admittedly. The temperature cloak still gives you saves against extreme conditions, however. And I think a cloak on a droid would look pretty boss. It is up to his GM, to approve or not.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I know nothing of the system and just what was in the movies for any lore so it is ok. By your earlier statement, I didn't think you caught the reference of playing a droid but still the image of the droid's lubricants catching fire and it running around screaming is still funny (picturing c3po waving his arms while staggering around yelling "I'm on fire" makes me lol)
Right now I've got Duravlex armor, which was designed for use by droids inide blast furnaces, that gives me a +10 to fortitude defense against extreme heat and the Environments Systems, Warm Weather to make me immune to the effects of hot weather. I also discovered, if need be, I can use a new use of Mechanics to increase resistance against extreme hot or cold to modify my systems so my use mechanics check will replace my fortitude defense against whichever extreme I modify for, which also allows me to take 20. I'm mainly looking for something that could help me survive while IN lava, if such an item exists.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
A portable forcefield is the only thing I can think of. Don't know if it is feasible or not.
I got an idea. Don't go in the lava.... I mean really why would u be worried about going into lava. The DM isn't going to say "Oh by the way you trip without a save and fall into the lava."
Oh by the way the item your looking for would be a droid modification that allows it to handle a small amount of lava over a short period of time. It wouldn't be in the books because why would a player need it but it is there also it costs a shit ton of money.
He keeps talking about lava baths. I have reason to believe we may get plunged into lava. I just want to be able o survive it for as long as possible, should it happen.