Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Deleting Forum Posts

Is there any way to actually completely delete a post instead of making it just change to say it has been moderated?  This might sound like a minor concern, but its something that comes up a lot for our 'next game' posts in my game.  We can't just edit the same post as it won't ping anyone, and we can't  put more than 1 game in the future on the calendar.  So we post on the thread and then delete the earlier ones, cycling through new threads once the old one gets to be 3-4 pages long.  Is there a way around this process?

Edited 1448136133
Gold
Forum Champion
Hello Permanent DM, it is a good question. When you Delete the post, it is actually completely hidden and invisible to everyone except the GM and Co-GM's and the game's Creator. &nbsp;So it's true you are personally still seeing a lot of old deleted posts and scrolling past as the GM, but the post should not be appearing for the other Players when they load that forum (except anyone designated Co-GM). Wiki docs for this, <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Management#Forum" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Game_Management#Forum</a> I like the way you explained that you've been doing it, and that is what I do in my games as well. &nbsp;I create a new thread every 3-4 weeks, rather than every 3-4 pages. My strategy is one-thread-per-month that tells all the game dates for that calendar month. I will post the future month(s) schedule threads in a staggered way so that early-December is being discussed in November rather than waiting for December 1st. Direct answer to your question is No, there is not currently another Delete method besides the Delete that is described in the wiki.
Gotcha. &nbsp;Didn't realize it was only showing it for the DMs. &nbsp;That makes it much less of an issue.
Hi&nbsp;Permanent DM - since we've answered your question, I'll go ahead and close this thread. Feel free to start a new one if need more help.