Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Hiding all dice rolls from players

Is there a way to easily hide dice rolls that are made from their character sheet.. I would have thought there would be a tick box for "only show dm dice roll outcomes" or something. I know you can create macros and whisper yourself dice rolls but i'm wondering if i'm overlooking something simpler. I don't necessarily want the rogue to know he rolled a 1 so there may well still be a trap there but he fudged the roll;  i'd like him to just know he didn't find one (for example) or a player not to know if an NPC is being genuine or if he failed an insight roll cos he didn't see the number.

Edited 1448358552
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Robert A. said: I would have thought there would be a tick box for "only show dm dice roll outcomes" or something. On the D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet, there's an option to whisper the output of sheet buttons to the GM. If a player (who has been assigned control over a sheet configured like so) presses a button on a sheet, they will be able to see whatever's whispered. If a GM presses that same button, the players (including those who control the sheet) will have no way of knowing that that button was pressed at all.
Handy feature, any plans an adding that to others?  In my case I run pathfinder games and I have used /gmroll so only I can see the outcome, but that 5E thing would sure come in handy on the pathfinder sheet.

Edited 1448401300
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Raven Darkstone said: Handy feature, any plans an adding that to others?  In my case I run pathfinder games and I have used /gmroll so only I can see the outcome, but that 5E thing would sure come in handy on the pathfinder sheet. The creators of one of the Pathfinder Character Sheets are currently discussing future updates to the sheet —you may do well to ask them. :)
Thanks Silvyre, That will do the job nicely. I'll just do some of the clicking for them when i don't want them to know the outcome, because they reasonably wouldnt, and they can click when its no biggie and doesnt matter. On the bonus side, although a player will know his own attack rolls, not everyone will see them, so players are less likely to work out the ac of a mob in the first round based on who hit it with what roll and can focus on being heroic; or cowardly :-) Thank you kindly
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Robert.  All rolls on the NPC tab of the PF sheet are currently whispered.  Although there are many shared attributes between the players side of the sheet and the NPC side, there are some attributes that are exclusive to NPC's only. You may need to experiment with some rolls off the NPC tab as a test. BTW, you can add "/w gm" to any sheet roll that allows editing the roll with a macro text field. That said, I think we'll try and implement an option on the Configuration tab to toggle "/w gm" for NPC rolls and/or Character rolls.  It's on my list anyhow.  :-)