Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Battletech on Roll20

GiGGles
Plus
Translator
<a href="http://prntscr.com/97r7lp" rel="nofollow">http://prntscr.com/97r7lp</a> &nbsp; First picture of the game... Too bad we cant get any one to make us a character/mech sheet..
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Looks wonderfully fun.
GiGGles
Plus
Translator
its a blast wish someone would make us some mech sheets/ character sheets&nbsp;
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Have you posted your request in the character sheet forum?
GiGGles
Plus
Translator
Yes but it gets knocked down so far they dont care to notice it

Edited 1448720391
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Shane N. said: Yes but it gets knocked down so far they dont care to notice it It's not that we don't care. Many of the character sheet creators care very much and want to help make Roll20 be better. &nbsp;There are a lot of factors that go into one deciding to or not to make a character sheet: Do I have time? Do I know the system? How complicated is it?&nbsp; I would love to help make more sheets than I do, but honestly, none of us get paid and we all have lives outside of Roll20; so, those of us who can create sheets have to pick and choose what we spend our time on. I work a full-time job and the equivalent of 2 part-time jobs, I have a family and children, and all those things play into my decisions when it comes to a time-consuming hobby (and creating character sheets is very time consuming). And honestly, I have never played Battletech, and likely never will, so understanding all the nuances that would go into that type of character sheet tend to push me away from that project, because I don't have the time to learn everything, and then maintain and "bug fix" the sheet for a system I know nothing about. There are a lot of assumptions built into my decision (perhaps the system is VERY easy, and it wouldn't take much time, etc), but I have to determine which projects I will take on. Coal Powered Puppet takes on a TON of sheet projects and I don't know what goes into his (again, an assumption of mine) decisions to work on a sheet, but I also know he's recently started school again, so time is limited. I don't mean this post to sound defensive (though, I suppose it does), just clarifying some reasons why it may not have been done yet. There are a lot of sheets I think would be fun to do (Splittermond for example), but just don't have the time. So, it's not a lack of caring, it's a matter of other matters being prioritized higher for various personal reasons.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I know there is a specific thread for&nbsp; sheet requests so instead of posting an individual thread which might get buried, post there if you have not. I would also recommend opening up a "[discussion] Battletech sheet" thread in the&nbsp; character sheet forum , just to see if there is anyone interested in helping with it. You could also post about what you might need on the sheet so a sheet author will know approximately what type of work would be going into the creation of the sheet. Always take a postive approach to a problem and it usually gets solved. As Shane answered your question and explained why some sheets are worked on and others are not, I'm going to close this thread.