Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Dynamic Lighting for One?

I am sorry if this question is being repeated. But do all the players in a game have to subscribe to the $9.99 model for dynamic lighting to be featured on their screens? Or does only the GM have to subscribe...
Under the column "mentor" on the subscription page (<a href="https://app.roll20.net/account/supporter/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/account/supporter/</a>), in the Dev server access cell, it says "Full Access For You (as GM) & Your Players". So I would guess that just the GM needs the subscription.
Whoever is the GM of the game (or, I should say, whoever created the game, since it can have multiple GMs) is what determines the features the game has. So only the GM has to subscribe, the players don't need to.
You guys RULE!! Thanks Canso, I obviously missed that... wow, can't wait to use this...
I really wish this wasn't the feature you locked. I'm recently unemployed and on disability and frankly I wouldn't be playing DnD if it wasn't free. Same with Roll20. As a DM I'd love to do dynamic lighting for my group but in my current situation I can't even budget the 10$ to do this, I just can't find a way at the moment. I'm kicking and screaming not just monthly but weekly to stay out of the red. I really wish we had a choice where we got to choose what we lose, like without the 10$ we only get 1 of the following dynamic lightning video+voice chat 3d dice+card decks I commend the roll20 team for the outstanding work they have put in and the beautiful system they have created. You guys have also been very interactive with the community and haven't been greedy in the least. I honestly think that the 10$ is more than fair, I only wish I could spare it.
Wardonis, I think that dynamic lighting is still in the development stages which is why it's only on the development server. They may very well intend to roll that out to everyone when it's done.
Wardonis, I think that dynamic lighting is still in the development stages which is why it's only on the development server. They may very well intend to roll that out to everyone when it's done. I very much hope so.
Wow, I didn't think to ask this... but is it possible to gift my friend with a month of a premium sub? In hopes to convince him to keep subbing... Those were my plans, I bought a Visa gift card, to try out a month, see if it really made a difference to my style of play, but I'd be willing to get my friend a month as well, since he is my group's primary DM... Do I just need his sign on and password?
Just tried using it and got this error: (Status 402) Your card was declined. Does the site not take prepaid cards?
For anyone else who sees this thread we're talking with Bobby about this via email to figure out what's going on. We'll let you know if for some reason we find out prepaid/gift cards aren't accepted by our payment processor.
YAY!!! As you can see by my new status, I be a Mentor!!! Thanks again Riley D. for all your help...
Cool, glad that it's working :-)