Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Font Color in Chat Box

Is it possible to change the font color for the text in chat, particularly if it's coming from a macro?
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Only with an API script
That is extremely unfortunate.
You are a pro member. You have access to the API. Why is this unfortunate? It it for someone else?
OldSchoolChris said: You are a pro member. You have access to the API. Why is this unfortunate? It it for someone else? A) I'm not the GM of the game. B) I don't want to have to dive into the API so I can change my font color for a one-off reference.
You can't change the font in chat, but you CAN use /me, italics, bold, italicized bold, place the output in a Roll Template, or other similar ways to distinguish it from regular chat text. If you could flesh out your full intent with some examples, we might come up with something that fits the same bil.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
To add, wrapping text within ``backticks`` produces text that looks like this.